I Get to Go See My Family!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I haven't seen most of my family in almost 5 years (5 years this May--saw my sister a couple years ago). The last time I saw my daughter she was 23 (28 1/2 now), my grandson Andrew had just turned 5 (almost 10 now), and my granddaughter Hannah was almost 2 (7 this coming June). My daughter found a really good price for a flight, so she booked it and I am going to go see them for 2 weeks in March. I will also see my dad and my sister (possibly my nephew, if he decides to come around). We are all so excited! Plus I will be there for Andrew's 10th birthday!

I will definitely miss James (he has school so can't come) and he will miss me. He is a little worried about me flying (just because he loves me). I will also miss Cubbie and the cats. We will have to make arrangements for Cubbie to be taken care of. It will be nice to take a trip for pleasure though. The last 2 times I flew home was for my mom's funeral and my aunt's memorial service a year later.

Now I just have to lose about 7,000 pounds in a month! :LOL:

WooHoo!!!!

:)Barbara

Excellent news Barbara!! You will probably be too busy to miss the cats and Cubbie too much and two weeks will fly by. How far is "your own warped little world" from your family?

That is so wonderful!!!! I can't believe you haven't seen your family in 5 years! Make sure you take lots of pictures!!!

Excellent news Barbara!! You will probably be too busy to miss the cats and Cubbie too much and two weeks will fly by. How far is "your own warped little world" from your family?
Almost 3,000 miles! I'm in South Carolina and they are in San Diego County, California. I can't wait!!

I bet they are just as excited to see you!
Congrats, I am glad for you that it a happy occasion that you get to go. Too often I only get to visit people far away because of a funeral.

Barb, I am so happy for you! I hope you have a great time, and it doesn't fly by too fast. I am not a parent, but I am sure you are grinning ear to ear at the thought of seeing your daughter and grandkids!

Barb, have a wonderful time. How exciting for you. God bless.

No Worry

No need to worry about extra pounds, who will notice when they are just thankful to see you! What a gift! I bet you will want to take the grandchildren back with you. I wouldn't want to be around when you have to come back however, since you have James waiting for you, good reason. Wishing you happy and safe trip. don't forget about us. Want to know everything. (almost everything) Happy for you.

Barb, I don't know anyone who deserves this more. You will be in heaven..I'm so happy for you..Make sure you get pictures, cant wait to see the kids now..Have a wonderful trip and have fun. Be safe.
kadesma:)

No need to worry about extra pounds, who will notice when they are just thankful to see you!
My dad!!! He won't say anything right away though! And everything he says will be "for my own good!" :rolleyes:

I am so excited you wouldn't believe it! Nancy told the kids this morning. Poor Hannah! Nancy didn't think about what day it was, so when she told them I would get there on the 13th, Hannah got SO excited and said, "Today's the 13th!" Nancy hated to tell her that they have to wait another month!

I'll put more of their pictures in the photo gallery, but here are Nancy, Andrew, and Hannah:

Barbara, I'm so excited for you! I know you've wanted to see your daughter and grandkids for ages! Be sure to take lots of pictures while you're out there--we'll be waiting for a full report!

I couldn't be happier for you right now!:)

Back
Top Bottom