Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Beef (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Hamburger (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/hamburger-43384.html)

LadyCook61 02-20-2008 05:26 PM

Hamburger

I finally got some beef for grinding. I made onion burger , with onion powder in the beef and also chopped up some sweet onions and put that in . After burger was done, I added a slice of Asagio cheese , salt and white pepper, ate it on a kaiser roll. Yummy. :chef:

Andy M. 02-20-2008 06:42 PM

Sounds delicious!

auntdot 02-20-2008 06:52 PM

We always like to grind our own beef for burgers and your burgers sound great.

We use the store bought stuff if we a making a bunch of meatballs or meatloaf. Maybe we should try grinding the stuff ourselves but it seems like a lot of work and am not sure the product would be all that different.

LadyCook61 02-20-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntdot (Post 553491)
We always like to grind our own beef for burgers and your burgers sound great.

We use the store bought stuff if we a making a bunch of meatballs or meatloaf. Maybe we should try grinding the stuff ourselves but it seems like a lot of work and am not sure the product would be all that different.

the only difference I think would be the amount of fat that is in the meat. At least I know what is in the meat , and freshly ground. :chef:

Maverick2272 02-20-2008 07:03 PM

Sounds great! I like to put a little Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and some garlic in mine as well. I like the use of Asagio cheese too, something other than the usual American, Cheddar or swiss.

jpmcgrew 02-20-2008 07:15 PM

:smile: So what are everyones favorite cut of beef to grind? I don't have an excuse to to grind as we have a ton of ground Bison. I love the Bison but some times I want a straight up beef hamburger. Of course if I ever wanted some groung beef DH would have a fit since we have Bison and Venison.

LadyCook61 02-20-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmcgrew (Post 553511)
:smile: So what are everyones favorite cut of beef to grind? I don't have an excuse to to grind as we have a ton of ground Bison. I love the Bison but some times I want a straight up beef hamburger. Of course if I ever wanted some groung beef DH would have a fit since we have Bison and Venison.

So far I've only tried Boneless Beef chuck roast for burgers. I plan to get other kinds beef too.

Dina 02-20-2008 11:18 PM

Mmm...sounds good. Have you tried caramelized onions while cooking the patties? Topped with a smokey cheese and smothered with a tasty sauce...I'll stop now.

Ask-A-Butcher 02-21-2008 03:16 AM

Try grinding a couple strips of bacon per lb of Beef Chuck :pig:

pacanis 02-21-2008 05:53 AM

OK, I'm going to have to ask to close this thread down.
I DO NOT need any more kitchen appliances!
:lol:
Ground up bacon in the burger sounds primo!