What's for dinner, Thurs Feb 21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
Something with my thawed unused chicken. Roasted probably, mashed potatoes and gravy. I like my gravy!

You? Lefse? :);)

Ribeyes, grilled, with seasoned butter: garlic, Worchestershire powder, smoked paprika and chipotle pepper powder.
Baked potatoes with unhealthy amounts of sour cream and butter.
OINK!

We're on the way to the store.. I think I'll pick up some pork chops. Meat here in MX tastes better for some reason.

My dinner was inspired by a bruschetta on Hueys Cooking Adventures (hopefully you won't ever be inflicted by it) this afternoon. Sauted onions with garlic and thyme, mixed with sliced black olives, halved cherry tomatoes, some chopped up anchovies and a can of shrimp - served in a warmed pita bread with lettuce and sour cream in the wrap. Was meant to have basil in the original and no shrimp and just served on toasted sour dough but as had neither the bread or the basil, it evolved. The shrimp were just to make it more substantial for a dinner meal. Think it could have done with a pinch of chili or Tabasco. Just missing that bit of oomph! Tasted better though without the pitta, lettuce and sour cream.

Something with my thawed unused chicken. Roasted probably, mashed potatoes and gravy. I like my gravy! You? Lefse? :);)
sank you dahling...........
I need help with what to do with this 'now' fully defrosted 2 1/2 lb boneless pork roast. Should I roast it and in what kind of rub/sauce/stuff on the outside? Should I crocker it? If so, what on top? Bake it? LeCreuset it? You tell me, my brains are fried. The NYTimes bread it for sure, yeah!!!!!..<< rising, and it's really cold so I'm surprised at that.

I have a question for you guys....
Yesterday on my search for butter dishes, I found a DescoWare 9 1/2 quart ovan baker for $4.99. I carried it around forever and then hid it. I know, I'm bad. Anyway, it was cracked outside and in, which isn't that big of a deal to me or should it have been? I have so much of this stuff I don't need more. Should I go back and get it? The size perfect, the color being flame, ick but I have much in flame already, the condition, you know, not so hot but with it's lid and all in tact. Let me know, I'll get it if anyone wants it.

MMM yummy I would roast it, just rub some garlic, rosemary, whatever floats your boat on it w/ a little olive oil.... salt and pepper.
I'm hoppin on a plane I think! I'll bring my mashed 'taters.

MMM yummy I would roast it, just rub some garlic, rosemary, whatever floats your boat on it w/ a little olive oil.... salt and pepper.
I'm hoppin on a plane I think! I'll bring my mashed 'taters.
come on over, dinner'll be great! I was thinking the rosemary and garlic, etc. Was hoping for a different take on it, as it's been like that many times. Wonderful I might add, but was thinking oj/ginger/maryanne/molassas/pineapple vinegar/Hawaiian black sea salt and confetti pepper............hum:sleep:

Roasted chicken with balsamic vinegarette, red cabbage cooked with apple, red wine and cranberries (not homemade), and rice.

erm... What`s That (dare I ask)?
love that people actually read these words on here. when I'm asked for ginger ale when friends are over, I always ask if you'd like maryanne with that.
gilligans island...................
I ended up in the front yard with 4 long stems of rosemary.............
took out this specialty oil that is diffused with all kinds of great flavors, sort of chinese in flavor, rubbed it on the roast, then rubbed ms. clooney all over it, then did my house seasoning on top of that. it'll sit outside, cover on since it's so cold, 30°, and marry the flavors all day until it's ready to go into the oven..............

Something with my thawed unused chicken. Roasted probably, mashed potatoes and gravy. I like my gravy!

I actually have almost the same thing in mind. My roommate brought home some chicken from his cooking class last night, and I love mashed potatoes with chicken :ROFLMAO: but I have some salad in the fridge as well, gotta have some greens

I'm planning on making chilli with fritos tonight. We've had sleet/ice/and snow coming down all day today.. So I think itd be perfect.

When I first started using this website, I think I read somewhere that alot of people put a square of semi-sweet chocolate in with their chili when theyre cooking it?? Did I read that right??

I'm planning on making chilli with fritos tonight. We've had sleet/ice/and snow coming down all day today.. So I think itd be perfect.

When I first started using this website, I think I read somewhere that alot of people put a square of semi-sweet chocolate in with their chili when theyre cooking it?? Did I read that right??

I think you're right, I didn't really read thru it again but try this thread.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f62/looking-decent-chili-recipe-27818.html

Back
Top Bottom