Thanks for the warm reception.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George Foster

Assistant Cook
I see we have quite a diverse group around here. Any suggestions of how to find your way around the site. I'm clicking but not learning very much. Any mentors out there?
George

Hi, George. Welcome to DC.

If you are eager to participate, all you have to do is to click on a "thread" that sounds interesting and begin to exchange comments/information, etc. by posting a reply.

Beyond including yourself in different discussions, what other things do you want to learn about our site?

In the meantime, just poke around and see what's here. The dark blue bar just below the site's name is a good place to start. You could conceivably spend hours just looking at all the wonderful photos posted by our members.

If there's something in particular you have a question about, you can do a "search" to see if your question has been addressed. If you don't find it, all you have to do is to go to the "forum listings," locate the forum that best matches the area your question would fit in, then click on that forum. Once there you can create a new thread with a brief title describing your query. Post your question in the "post reply" space and you're on your way.

Hang in there. Everyone was new here at one time and we all learn as we go. We're glad you're here.

You'll soon discover that all you have to do is to ask a question. It won't be long before it's answered.

Welcome to DC!! If you can't find a thread that you feel able to comment on, you could try and post a question or get into the fun and games in the "Off Topic" subforum. Just check the opening post for the rules of the games and then go to the end. The photo one is always a good thread, and everyone can comment in the weather thread, not to mention the dinner and breakfast threads. And you can always say hi to new members like we are doing to you!! Always a good icebreaker.

Personally, I just hit the 'portal' link on the top right just to see what's crackin in DC. Then I hit the 'User CP' link right next to it, to check in on my subscribed threads. The gallery and member photo area is cool to put faces with the names, and only if I have a topic to post do I ever really dig down into the forums and stuff to find the right place to post. Welcome to DC, you'll get the hang of it in no time at all!

I used to use the portal link a lot, but found I like New Posts better. Then you still have the icon that will take you to the first unread post.
It's been on my mind for about a week now why there is even a Portal link..... I assume there's an advantage to using it, I just don't know what it is yet....

Back
Top Bottom