Dinner, Friday, Feb. 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Whats your plans for this evening ? Since its Friday - think we will order out - Not sure what yet. Have never liked to cook on Fridays :whistling

Last edited:
If my back will hold out, I'm thinking of making him a lasagna tonight. He loved it last time I made it, so why not? LOL (He is generally the cook, so when I say the last time it just means he actually lets me in the kitchen every once in a while).

beef and black pepper sausages, cauli, broc, green beans and carrots, all served up IN a huge Yorkshire pudding and topped with gravy.

We're having a dinner party tomorrow, so need to clean up the house and DH needs to finish painting the dining room he suddenly about 10 days ago decided needed repainting, so I'm thinking about picking up some takeout on the way home.

I think Fettucini Alfredo and a salad. Or turkey tetrazzini. I'm in an -ini kinda mood today. :)

If my back will hold out, I'm thinking of making him a lasagna tonight. He loved it last time I made it, so why not? LOL (He is generally the cook, so when I say the last time it just means he actually lets me in the kitchen every once in a while).
We really enjoyed this when I discovered her making it on her show. Just a thought, easy, and so good, believe it or not.

Tonight DH and I are meeting at the mall for an optom apt. After that, I'll take him out to dinner at a favorite Mexican place we frequent. < Poor guy, it's been a tough week, I better get him liqured up:LOL:

Well I'll be working tonight, which means I get to have myself some Prime Rib with Steamed Veggies and Garlic Mashers... I can't wait :)

Friday = Perogies. Decided I will make some with potato, onion and bacon, and another batch with ricotta and chedder.

I'm going to make pizza from scratch for supper. I've got to make the sauce and shred cheese at lunch; then I'll just have the dough to make closer to supper. :)

I will be making the new fave in the house.
I roast a red pepper, brown some hot sausage meat, and sauté mushrooms. add some white wine until it is au sec, pour in a jar of trader joes 3 cheese tomato sauce and some cream. Serve it over penne.
More chocolate cake with strawberries for dessert.

I'm going to make pizza from scratch for supper. I've got to make the sauce and shred cheese at lunch; then I'll just have the dough to make closer to supper. :)

I'm making pizza tonight, too! Good ol' pepperoni pizza with mushrooms and onions. Sliced olives for DH.

Went to work in a snow storm....got slammed all day at work as a result. It looks lovely outside!

We always eat light fare on Friday evening...something really to compliment the cocktails:angel:, if you know what I mean.

I stuffed a few scallopined chicken breasts with a fresh papaya, dried cranberry bread and bourbon stuffing. Sauteed them briefly, and now they are finishing in the oven.

I have a few english cheeses, another papaya that I'll cut, and some lovely shortbread crackers, along with a loaf of french bread. I've got some beautiful jazz apples, too.

I think we're drinking scotch tonight. Have another bottle of the Speyside..

Plan for tonight...

U6-8 scallops dusted with mushroom powder, bittersweet smoked paprika, and a bit of chipotle powder
fresh spinach with my weird mustard/grape jelly/white pepper sauce
short grain rice with ginger, orange peel and scallions.

Back
Top Bottom