ISO Squash Blossom recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Ever since I wrote my "4 favorites", I've been craving one of the foods I'd listed. Unfortunately, the squash blossoms are in a restaurant in Texas, so I'm outta luck on ordering any day soon!

With that in mind, I need a recipe for tempura fried squash blossoms - they're stuffed with cheese (but I don't think feta - perhaps cream cheese?)

The crowning glory is a lemon-cream-white wine sauce.

Anyone have anything similar?

if you have to stuff them....and I wouldn't because it would take away from the flavour of the blossom...do it with mascarpone.

We just dipped them in flour, egg, and then flour...and fried them in olive oil.

Jkath,
I love squash blossoms, so I agree with Vera Blue, if you must stuff, then use mascarpone and do it just like she said..Try one just dipped in egg,floured.the dipped in egg again and fried in olive oil..They are great..Oh add a little salt and pepper.

kadesma:)

Jkath,
I love squash blossoms, so I agree with Vera Blue, if you must stuff, then use mascarpone and do it just like she said..Try one just dipped in egg,floured.the dipped in egg again and fried in olive oil..They are great..Oh add a little salt and pepper.

kadesma:)

Such a pity, though....because for every blossom we ate, that was the end of the plant's life... No seeds, no chance for a fruit... just a million dollar blossom.

You did egg, flour and then egg? I've always done flour,egg, flour...

Such a pity, though....because for every blossom we ate, that was the end of the plant's life... No seeds, no chance for a fruit... just a million dollar blossom.

You did egg, flour and then egg? I've always done flour,egg, flour...
So do I , my finger got ahead of my brain :LOL: but that's nothing new...:wacko:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom