Italian red pepper and onion sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I ground up some pork and made some sausage with roasted red peppers and sweet onions. I didn't have any casings on hand but I followed Ask a Butcher's idea of doing the sausage , wrapped in saran wrap and 5 min bath in boiling water. I saved some sausage instead of wrapping it, and cooked it , it was really good. I should get the casings sometime in the coming week.
I didn't use a recipe. I cut up the pork in 2 inch chunks. 1/2 teaspoon anise seed, 1/2 teaspoon corinader, 1/2 teas. fennel, 1 tablespoon canning salt,
half a sweet onion chunks, 1 cup of roasted red pepper, from a jar. I also ground up the spices in a spice grinder first, ( you don't have to but I did)
Put all the spices and peppers and onion with the chunk pork and ground it all, twice thru the machine. It worked out for me, you adjust to your taste, more or less spices etc. It was the first time I ever ground pork for sausage. :chef: I plan to use the sausage for pizza topping, foccacia , frittata, and with pasta. Too cold and snowing to grill so cooking in a skillet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom