I want a pizza oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feeling Better

I started to respond yesterday, but wondered if you would get over this 'need' in 24 hours? ;) Can't a bake stone suffice? They're like $5 at Marshall's:)

I started to respond yesterday, but wondered if you would get over this 'need' in 24 hours? ;) Can't a bake stone suffice? They're like $5 at Marshall's:)
I do have a baking stone . :) Just because I want something doesn't mean I will get it . My wants and needs are different. ;) I want a pizza oven but will make do with the baking stone. My oven does get hot, 550 degrees. That pizza oven is suppose to bake really fast. ;)

Claims to cook a (or two) pizza(s) in 90 seconds?

What is it , an electron accelerator?

Winning Ticket

LadyCook, when I get my lotto winnings after this coming weekend, I'm going to send you a Pizza oven.:cool:

Unless you own a pizza shop, why on earth would you even care if you can make 2 pizzas in 90 seconds? I'm lucky if I eat two pizzas in 90 days!

Unless you own a pizza shop, why on earth would you even care if you can make 2 pizzas in 90 seconds? I'm lucky if I eat two pizzas in 90 days!

One could also call it a flatbread oven - then it would be a little more versatile ;) I think I can wait the 8 minutes it takes in a 550* oven, though.

I used to work in a pizza place... our cook time was generally five minutes, and we were using a standard commercial pizza oven at about 500 something degrees.

It better be a combo microwave/convection oven if it gets done that quick.

Bad News

Lady Cook,
I'm afraid I've got disappointing news, I didn't win the lotto over the weekend. Now, maybe you aren't too worked up about me not springing for that pizza oven, but we've already begun spending for 2008 at my house as if we won the thing ... :rolleyes:

Any pizza that is done in 90 sec, i wouldn't eat. Sam's has pretty decent pizza oven for 50 bucks.

I am with Ladycook on this one. My pizza stone works just fine in the oven, but if I had the space and money then why not the stove? Its cool looking too...
Sometimes I like the idea of picking something up just because it is cool, different, unique, or cutting edge. Just so I could say oh I have that, wanna use it?

Actually, I would definitely put one of those to good use. I get the Sam's pizzas a lot and the Supreme takes 15 minutes and only bake one at a time. So it takes 30 minutes to make 2. And when we have everyone here, we make 3 and sometimes 4. An oven that could bake my pizzas in 90 seconds would be fabulous!!!

I quite like the idea of a pizza oven but I think I'd rather have a big wood fired brick oven in the back yard! They're fun for the whole family!

Not trying to sell anything here ... just please be careful with the bargain basement baking stones. Take the time to turn it over. If it doesn't say Made in USA on the bottom, it may have lead in the clay and I would recommend passing.

Cool oven, but where was the price?

I guess a lot depends on what you call a pizza. Since a fresh pizza dough requires a few minutes in the oven to have that final "oven spring" rise ... seems to me that 90-seconds would give you something more like "pizza toppings on a cracker" than a real pizza.

Actually, I would definitely put one of those to good use. I get the Sam's pizzas a lot and the Supreme takes 15 minutes and only bake one at a time. So it takes 30 minutes to make 2. And when we have everyone here, we make 3 and sometimes 4. An oven that could bake my pizzas in 90 seconds would be fabulous!!!
Did you know that any three or more pizzas at Domino's are only five bucks each, they come already baked, and they deliver?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom