The recruiting continues...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverick2272

Washing Up
If all goes well we should have several new members from MacNeal Hospital joining us on DC!
So far we have covered Blackened Tilapia, a great shrimp in black bean salad, and several recipes from Red Lobster.
I have assured them that with the recipes to be found on here, along with all the advice and help they could ever need to make it for the first time, will be much better than Red Lobster, etc. Many have said they love the recipes they find in magazines but don't have the courage to try them at home. I told them give it a try, and if you run into something you don't understand just pop on DC and ask and someone will have the info for you and be ready to help.
On nurse has already tried the broiled Tilapia in parchment paper with lemon, lime, EVOO, and parsley and loves it! Another tried blackened catfish breaded with Panko and loved it, said it was better than his usual breading.

So don't let me down gang! And if they do show up I think I deserve a t-shirt for my efforts! ;)

We mods and admins are right on the t-shirt thing, Maverick. What with the big bucks we get for doing our jobs, the shirt is sure to be the best and finest quality money can buy.:LOL::ermm: Make space in your dresser for it.

Boy you sure are having a good time there aren't ya! (kidding!)
I wish someone would put me in a hospital to relax awhile:wacko:
I only get to go when I have babies. No more of that!! :rolleyes:

(Hey Suzi, new photo!! Still not admitting to three kids??? LOL)

Well at least you aren't wasting time Buddy!!! And getting the nurses on side is always a big plus!!

LOL I am always telling people about DC too! People like restaurant servers, cashiers at stores, etc. are pretty much a captive audience! LOL I don't bombard everyone I meet with it, but if the conversation lends itself to it (and you know that one of everyone's favorite topics is food) I always tell them about DC.

:)Barbara

LOL I am always telling people about DC too! People like restaurant servers, cashiers at stores, etc. are pretty much a captive audience! LOL I don't bombard everyone I meet with it, but if the conversation lends itself to it (and you know that one of everyone's favorite topics is food) I always tell them about DC.

:)Barbara

Me too. Go figure.:rolleyes: I find this a great place to get info, and to share what I know. I also find that the things I say are well received, and critiqued when they need to be critiqued. The feeling on this site is one of genuine people, with nothing to hide. I love reading about msitakes that others have made, and so realize that I'm not alone in this category, and am willing to share my goof-ups in the hopes that it will help someone else from making the same mistakes.

On the other hand, when I find something great, I love to share that in the hopes that it will bring a bit of cullinary joy to others.

In a nutshell, that's what this place is about; and I like it!

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Me too. Go figure.:rolleyes: I find this a great place to get info, and to share what I know. I also find that the things I say are well received, and critiqued when they need to be critiqued. The feeling on this site is one of genuine people, with nothing to hide. I love reading about msitakes that others have made, and so realize that I'm not alone in this category, and am willing to share my goof-ups in the hopes that it will help someone else from making the same mistakes.

On the other hand, when I find something great, I love to share that in the hopes that it will bring a bit of cullinary joy to others.

In a nutshell, that's what this place is about; and I like it!

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

me too, what she said.

babe

I also tell people about Dc when an opportunity arises.
Often at work customers will ask me a question I don't
know the answer to, and I'll tell them about Dc.
I wonder if any of them have joined.
If anyone here has shopped at Giant Eagle let me know lol

My husband decided to check up on me while he was out of town, went to DC and read half my posts....
I guess he didn't have time for them all. :(

Oh I'm not sure he could find anyone nicer!!!! :)
Ok maybe a few people.

I was told I was one of the happier patients that they had encountered in the cardiac wing. I have Netflix, and since they had wireless I spent several of my nights before the surgery watching movies and shows on there. At one point I had several nurses and techs in the room watching with me.
It was pretty cool, they were all a great bunch of people there. There were times when I was frustrated especially when the doctors would contradict each other, but I make sure not to take it out on the nurses. And yes I was nervous and at several points scared, but I figured dwelling on it wouldn't help anything.
Now after the surgery was a different story...I am afraid the pain meds made me pretty loopy and a little uncooperative, but nothing they couldn't handle. The more I came out of the 'haze' the better they said I was.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom