Dried gnocchi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I had bought some Colavita vacuumed packed gnocchi at Sam's club and it tastes terrible, I only had butter and romano cheese on it
I guess fresh would have tasted better. :mad:

Last edited:
I've bought some in my local grocery store that's vacuum-packed in a box in the aisle with dried pastas. I made a light marinara sauce to go with it. It was quite good. I'm sure fresh would be great, but it's a fair amount of work ;)

I've bought some in my local grocery store that's vacuum-packed in a box in the aisle with dried pastas. I made a light marinara sauce to go with it. It was quite good. I'm sure fresh would be great, but it's a fair amount of work ;)

what brand was it ?

Depending on what markets you have available you can often buy frozen gnocci. It's almost indistinguishable from fresh. I think Aunt Vi's might make one, IIRC. Check in the freezer case of a warehouse or boutique store.

Failing that gnocci isn't really that hard to make.:chef:

Depending on what markets you have available you can often buy frozen gnocci. It's almost indistinguishable from fresh. I think Aunt Vi's might make one, IIRC. Check in the freezer case of a warehouse or boutique store.

Failing that gnocci isn't really that hard to make.:chef:
I may have to try to make it myself when I have the time. I had bought the gnocci at a warehouse (sam's club).

We regularly eat the vac packed gnocchi. It's been OK.

Wife eats it.

Wife came from Italy. She says the Vac Packed stuff is Ok but no where as good as her mothers. No kidding.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom