Cool whip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool Whip is made from shortening, water, corn syrup and chemicals.

I can't see eating junk like that, even if I thought it tasted good, which I don't.

I have to confess, I love the stuff. I know what it is and what it is not. I would never try to fool myself into thinking it is real whipped cream or anything like that.

We never buy it, but if we ever do have any on hand then I have been known to just go at it with a spoon. I especially like it out of the freezer.

Oh good GB it's not only me!!! Hmmm, I think I have some and it is getting to be lunchtime....

The only time, as I recall, I've used cool whip is on top of pumpkin pie thankgiving time. Ya know, I think they make it in flavors now like choc & strawberry. I much prefer the aerosol can (redi whip?) for dessert etc. :angel:

Stirring a bit of vanilla into Cool Whip improves it considerably. :)
I'm pretty sure they sell French Vanilla flavored Cool Whip now.

I like Cool Whip. I prefer the real thing, or Redi-Wip, but Cool Whip is good too. I like to make pistachio-fruit fluff (it has lots of names, but that is what I call it) with Cool Whip. We usually use Cool Whip (sometimes refrigerated and sometimes frozen) for our Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. Growing up, we usually used Dream Whip. I like that too. If you don't know what that is, it is a powder that you whip into milk.

:)Barbara

I read the list of ingredients and wonder, "How much of the stuff in here was included just to make it white?"

The containers are good for freezing leftovers, but other than that, forget it. I'd sooner whip up my own, or even buy a squirt can. At least Redi-Whip's real whipped cream.

I like Cool Whip but I detest it frozen. My mother in law does this and hence so does my wife. I dont mind freezing it to store but I hate when they serve it right out of the freezer, it messes up the texture. And defrosting it doesnt seem to help the texture. If you leave it out for an hour or I think that helps...

Love it!

I get Cool Whip Free and though it's a far cry from the real stuff, it's easy, and best of all, has very few calories. Gives me the illusion that I'm eating something really good with my sugar-free pudding on this WW diet.

Lee

I have always loved Cool Whip. I, like a few other crazy people here go at it with a spoon. When I was little, I did not like pie so during the holidays when everyone else was eating pie, I was eating a bowl of Cool Whip for dessert.

We can't get it here so I have no idea what it is like. Rom said that it has become available in Sydney in the past couple of months, but it takes a fair while for those products to cross the Nullarbor.

I actually kind of like it. But I like Redi-Whip better.
Right from the can to my mouth. Yummy !

Wow Barbara... Dream Whip ? A blast from my past.
My mom made it all the time for puddings and pies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom