TNT Poundcake (not for the diet minded) ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
2 days ago, I was in the mood for a poundcake, so I ended up mixing a couple of recipes together and the results were very good - a nice textured heavy cake with a great flavor, imo.

TNT Poundcake

Oil a 10-cup bundt pan & set aside. (I used canola)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.
(Get your eggs out, so they won't be too cold)

3 sticks butter, room temp
1 pkg cream cheese (8oz. box)
2¼ c. sugar
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 eggs
3 c. AP flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt

Mix butter & cream cheese in mixer till blended. Add sugar, and blend. Then set on a med-high speed and let this mixture cream for 7-8 minutes. (Scrape down sides when needed)

Add vanilla bean scrapings & vanilla extract. Blend. Add eggs, one at a time, blending after each.

Sift remaining ingredients together, and add to mixture, 1/3 at a time, beating well after each addition.

Spoon mixture into a bundt pan. Make sure to hit the pan on the counter a few times, to make sure there's no air pockets, and so all the batter is even.

Bake for around 90 minutes, till top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean when the cake is tested. Place on rack for 10 minutes, then flip over cake to plate.

I served ours with freshly whipped cream and blackberries the first night, and lemon curd with blueberries the second night. Both were tasty:chef:

2 days ago, I was in the mood for a poundcake, so I ended up mixing a couple of recipes together and the results were very good - a nice textured heavy cake with a great flavor, imo.

TNT Poundcake

Oil a 10-cup bundt pan & set aside. (I used canola)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.
(Get your eggs out, so they won't be too cold)

3 sticks butter, room temp
1 pkg cream cheese (8oz. box)
2¼ c. sugar
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 eggs
3 c. AP flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt

Mix butter & cream cheese in mixer till blended. Add sugar, and blend. Then set on a med-high speed and let this mixture cream for 7-8 minutes. (Scrape down sides when needed)

Add vanilla bean scrapings & vanilla extract. Blend. Add eggs, one at a time, blending after each.

Sift remaining ingredients together, and add to mixture, 1/3 at a time, beating well after each addition.

Spoon mixture into a bundt pan. Make sure to hit the pan on the counter a few times, to make sure there's no air pockets, and so all the batter is even.

Bake for around 90 minutes, till top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean when the cake is tested. Place on rack for 10 minutes, then flip over cake to plate.

I served ours with freshly whipped cream and blackberries the first night, and lemon curd with blueberries the second night. Both were tasty:chef:

would u please email this to me. sounds very rich and tasty. my printer has been on the blink. now i am told all my stuff is old and not available for printers that are in stock now. bummer. grandson's bday soon. think i will make for his bday dinner.

thanks so much

babe

Just in time for Strawberry season!!! Fla. berries are in the stores (at my house) and are beautiful!! Love the California Driscoll Label berries too!!!

Shortcake time!!:clap:Thanks Miss Jkath!!

ooooooooooh Driscolls are so sweet!

I just thought of something else - after you put your slice on it's plate, slowly drizzle some amaretto, brandy, southern comfort or whatever - just enough to give it a little life. mmm!
Or, you could soak the sliced strawberries in a little of the good stuff as well.
(I'm thinking like it's the weekend already!)

I am adding 1/2 cup of Key Lime Juice to this recipe. Should be very good.

Back
Top Bottom