Pacanis' avatar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks miniman. I got a PM on her, too.... the previous avatar where she was sitting and not "smiling".
She's a Presa Canario or "Dogo" Canario. Basically a Spanish mastiff type breed that originated in the Canary Islands. Lots of good to say about the breed, and like any dog, lots of bad to say too, due to the knuckleheads that like to own dogs.

Here she is about five years ago wondering why the heck I wanted her to stand on that pea gravel pile for.
And her usual spot (taken last summer) sitting with her head resting on me. She gets heavy :) She turned eight last Christmas Eve.

Attachments

• Tursa pea gravel.JPG
    Tursa pea gravel.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Tursa's usual place.JPG
    Tursa's usual place.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 161
Tursa. I made it up :LOL:
I wanted something different sounding.

Tursa is beautiful! She looks like a big cuddle bug.

Things definitely won't be the same when she's no longer around.
For as long as I can remember she and I have had this morning ritual. When It's time to put on my shoes or sneakers in the morning, she knows. She can be off in another room 5 seconds earlier, but there she will be..... right in my face, sitting as close as she can get, waiting for me to bend over to tie my shoes. I'll scoot a little to one side in the chair, and she'll scoot right with me, still sitting, still waiting for me to bend over just a little too close.... and BAM, there's the wet sloppy kiss :LOL:
If it wasn't such a comical ritual, it would be frustrating.
And she does this whining thing whenever she thinks I'm getting close enough and then pull away.... :rolleyes:
Dogs.

...right in my face, sitting as close as she can get, waiting for me to bend over to tie my shoes. I'll scoot a little to one side in the chair, and she'll scoot right with me, still sitting, still waiting for me to bend over just a little too close.... and BAM, there's the wet sloppy kiss :LOL:
If it wasn't such a comical ritual, it would be frustrating... :rolleyes:
Dogs.
Cubbie does the same thing! Any time I bend down to pick something up, tie my shoes, etc., he is right in my face with those kisses!

Lately he has been doing something that causes me to have to be on guard if he jumps on the bed while I am sleeping. If he decides he wants to go out in the middle of the night (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr), he jumps on the bed and tries to lick my lips. I love doggie kisses, but NOT on the lips, and it is not a pleasant way to be woken up from a sound sleep! Most of the time I sense him coming and pull the blanket over my lips or turn my face into the pillow.

:)Barbara

Most of the time I sense him coming and pull the blanket over my lips or turn my face into the pillow.

I've got a whole contortion thing in dealing with my cat, too. :LOL: Usually first thing in the morning.

WHAT????!!!!!!!!

You have a CAT?

And you use a DOG for your avatar?

What kind of poor, misguided, hopelessly naive soul are you.

You are in serious need of counseling, my friend.

I'll be glad to help out. My rates are reasonable. PM me for details.

WHAT????!!!!!!!!

You have a CAT?

Well, yeah.. proabably :wacko:
My username is pacanis, not pafelis, but I did try to download a cat avatar here before. Worked on another website, but not here. Something about being "animated", but I see Barbara L has an animated avatar (jumping egg, I love it), so maybe it will work now.

And then again maybe not :mad:
I wonder what the difference is?

Anyway, I'll post it.
Don't they just look all warm and fuzzy? :ermm:

Attachments

• cat avatar.gif
    cat avatar.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 62
WHAT????!!!!!!!!

You have a CAT?

Here, here, Buck, I second the motion or is it "emotion". How could anyone not prefer a cat over a dog. Ok......before I get killed here....I love both......even cute little fat-cheeked hampsters--jest kidding.......:LOL:

You've obviously found cats from the "wrong side of the tracks."

We are more genteel and refined.

Please peel me a mouse.

"Things" from the wrong side of the tracks seem to seek me out....:ermm:
And I live a couple hundred yard from the RR tracks. So they don't have to go far...:mellow:

And then again maybe not :mad:
I wonder what the difference is?
I think it could just be that I have had the same avatar since I joined. Maybe the rules have changed, but mine still works because it was already in place? I really don't know.

I actually have thought about trying different avatars, but I'm afraid I might lose my little egg guy. He has been valiantly trying to get out of that egg white for a few years now. I hate to not give him a decent shot at it! :LOL:

Here, here, Buck, I second the motion or is it "emotion". How could anyone not prefer a cat over a dog. Ok......before I get killed here....I love both......even cute little fat-cheeked hampsters--jest kidding.......:LOL:

You wanna talk cute??????

Attachments

• 47ac837ec287503_koshaki_47.jpg
    47ac837ec287503_koshaki_47.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 143

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom