In Honor of Stupid People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.On a Sears hairdryer -- Do not use while sleeping.
(Darn, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair).On a bag of Fritos -- You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.
(the shoplifter special)?On a bar of Dial soap -- "Directions: Use like regular soap."
(and that would be how???....)On some Swanson frozen dinners -- "Serving suggestion: Defrost."
(but, it's "just" a suggestion).On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom) -- "Do not turn upside down."
(well...duh, a bit late, huh)!
On Marks &Spencer Bread Pudding -- "Product will be hot after heating."
(...and you thought????...)
On packaging for a Rowenta iron -- "Do not iron clothes on body."
(but wouldn't this save me more time)?On Boot's Children Cough Medicine -- "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication."
(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)On Nytol Sleep Aid -- "Warning: May cause drowsiness."
(and...I'm taking this because???....)On most brands of Christmas lights -- "For indoor or outdoor use only."
(as opposed to...what)?On a Japanese food processor -- "Not to be used for the other use."
(now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.)On Sainsbury's peanuts -- "Warning: contains nuts."
(talk about a news flash)On an American Airlines packet of nuts -- "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts."
(Step 3: maybe, uh..fly Delta?)On a child's Superman costume -- "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."(I don't blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)
On a Swedish chainsaw -- "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
(Oh my God...was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread the stupidity and send this to someone you want to bring a smile to (maybe even chuckle)... in other words send it to everyone. We all need to smile every once in a while.

I know, Charlie. Pretty silly but probably as a direct result of a few lawsuits, which caused the companies to do a bunch of "cover their butt" disclaimers.

My physician prescribed a sleep aid for me back in October. When I opened the package from the pharmacy, there was the usual slip of paper with instructions, side effects, etc. Honest to goodness, one of them was, "may cause drowsiness." Well, no duh! That's what it was prescribed to do.:wacko:

I was careful, though. I went directly to bed after taking some. Guess I avoided a serious accident or injury.:LOL:

That is the sad part, that most of these disclaimers came about after lawsuits in which the company lost..... so having to warn us not to let our children drive after taking cold medicine is because someone actually thought it would be OK to do that and it is the companies fault for not warning them.
The Swedish chainsaw one though.... that one just boggles the mind....

I was having a chuckle until the do not stop the chainsaw with your hands or genitals part.

Yeesh.

I say remove all warnings and disclaimers and let the gene pool deepen just a wee bit like nature intended, LOL.

Sign me in too. But what are going to do wit idiots who side with the plemtieves in cases like this?

While traveling with my daughter outside of Philadelphia, we came up on a traffic light that had turned red. I noticed a sign that was posted right next to the light that stated "Stop on Red".

I got a better idea: after we remove all the warning labels we send them around to give live demonstrations as to why you shouldn't do certain things, especially stop chain saw blades with genitals and hands....
That should thin that herd out....

I say remove all warnings and disclaimers and let the gene pool deepen just a wee bit like nature intended, LOL.

Think of it as Evolution in Action!

ROFL - I was going to mention a Darwin Award, but was beat to the punch! I thought the only living Darwin Award recipient was the guy that trying to steal a lobster by stuffing it down his pants? The so-called "Lobster Vasectomy"?

We never had labels like that while I was growing up, I wonder how I have lived so long. I guess I used the common sense I was born with.:rolleyes:

What????! No warning labels?!?!?!?
And you LIVED!?!?!?!?!
Amazing the things people do. There's been stories on the news recently about people taking thier sleeping meds BEFORE they drive home to get a head start on bedtime... then they kick in and they cause an accident. HELLO? Do you need to sleep the minute you get home? Slow down your life a little!

I was coming home on the bus. Wasn't even 5 feet from my desired stop!

The idiotic driver says; "Get back behind the safety line."

Then I ask why that particuar bus line is always so slow while the others seems to run about every 5 minutes. His answer was "Because of people who stand in front of the safety line."

I said to him; I wonder if I were to look in the dictionary for the word stupid idiot, would your picture be next to it?

What an imbecile!!! And they wonder why they don't get the respect they want? THAT'S why!!:mad:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom