New one for The Darwin Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foodfiend

Senior Cook
ANDERSON, S.C.--Authorities say a man has died after he accidentally stabbed himself while cooking.

Anderson CountyChief Deputy Coroner Charlie Boseman say 32-year-old Michael Downing burned himself while cooking Sunday, then stabbed himself in the chest with a steak knife he was holding as he jerked away.

Authorities say the knife went between Downing's ribs, piercing his heart. Boseman say Downing managed to call 911, and his 10-year-old son followed the dispatchers's first aid instructions.

Authorities say Downing was conscious when paramedics arrived, but later died at the hospital..:ohmy:

I feel for the kid, I hope he doesn't blame himself for the death of his father. It looked as if a comedy of errors went awry.

OMG, that is horrible!! I wouldn't say a darwin award though.
That poor little boy. They need to make sure to tell him that HE is what kept his dad alive and he's a hero!! Poor baby!

Let's say the guy was a not a cook at all and was trying to put some food into his kid's belly.

And he was just not used to being able to burn himself, or cut himself, and put up with the pain long enough to make everything safe. That is something every cook learns after awhile. But again, maybe this poor guy was just doing his best without any experience.

And just instinctively moved his hand to get away from the hot oil and pain.

This is, IMHO, nothing close to a guy who lights a match to see how much gas is left in his gas can or who decides to test his human powered airplane by taking it off a 200 foot cliff rather than off a 5 foot elevation.

Feel real sorry for the kid however.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom