Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Cookware and Accessories (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   What Cooking Stuff Do You Have? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f8/what-cooking-stuff-do-you-have-43897.html)

PastaKing 03-04-2008 06:46 PM

What Cooking Stuff Do You Have?

Do you guys find that you ask people for cooking things around christmas time? I for one don't have alot from Pampered Chef. I really don't like the products. However, as far as everything else goes, lol, I have TONS!! I am loaded with pans and pots, and I have a gadget for everything. I STILL don't have enough.

Over the weekend we went to Sears to get our taxes done. I HAD to stop by the cooking ware section, and yes, I bought another pan. My wife can't seem to understand it, so i kinda tell her it's like her and shoes. Then she understands lol.

I have been getting into cuting boards. I have a nice big thick wooden one, but I have about 4 plastic ones.

kitchenelf 03-04-2008 06:48 PM

I have a bowl fetish - I LOVE bowls! Nesting bowls (especially if they are different colors), large bowls from Italy, just bowls...........I have no room left - I had to finally give a bowl away! :sad:

Katie H 03-04-2008 06:53 PM

Oh, man, why'd you ask this question?:mad: You're a big meanie.

No, never mind. I love so many cooking toys, I can't settle on just ONE thing. I love gadgets and nifty appliances and I'm blessed because we have a couple of really great thrift stores that ALWAYS have a treat for me when I visit. Gotten some really awesome things over the years.

LadyCook61 03-04-2008 07:23 PM

I like the cookware sections too. I have a lot of stuff too, all kinds of baking pans and gadgets.

PastaKing 03-04-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie E (Post 561473)
Oh, man, why'd you ask this question?:mad: You're a big meanie.

lolol!! Sorry lol. Nice to see I'm not the only crazy person with lots of cooking ware.

Robo410 03-04-2008 08:34 PM

pots and pans for every occasion...copper, enameled cast iron, raw cast iron, carbon steel, (a set of real "old" American made Calphalon in the basement which I'll use again when I can't lift the poans I have now!) even a soapstone pot from Brazil (a great bean pot!)

yes I understand..hey it's legal, right?

Maverick2272 03-04-2008 08:41 PM

SS copper bottom, iron skillets, Chicago Cutlery make up most of what I have. Would love to get a good food processor soon.

Katie H 03-04-2008 08:49 PM

Omigosh! How could I forget!!!!! I'm a dishware junkie. I don't know how many different sets of dishes we have. First, we have three different patterns/makers of antique/vintage china. Then, there's the assortment of contemporary tableware I have that I use to "set the scene," if you get what I mean.

After all that, there are all the clear glass pieces I have in at least 4 person settings. Dinner plates, luncheon plates, soup/dessert, etc. bowls, shrimp cocktail pieces, you name it.

Hmmm. There's a lot more, but if I post any more, Buck will find out and I'll be "cut off.":ohmy::ohmy:

Fisher's Mom 03-04-2008 09:28 PM

I have a thing for trays and platters. I love them. I use them, too. Anytime anyone eats someplace other than the dining table, I have the perfect tray for whatever they are having. And Fisher (who's 5) always uses a tray with high sides so that if he spills or dribbles or drops, it's easy to clean up. Trays are my passion.

But I have a very healthy attachment to shoes, too, PastaKing!

plumies 03-04-2008 10:45 PM

Hi, my name is Carol and I'm a kitchen gadget junkie. I have been so for over 20 years.