Prayers Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I have osteo arthritis and this winter it has hit my left shoulder and right knee very badly. The shoulder is getting better; however the knee pain recently spread up and down the whole leg and is unbearable, even for someone who has dealt with chronic pain (Fibromyalgia and a fractured back) for going on 16 years.

I had some tests done yesterday and the clinic called me at 6 pm to come in for the results. When they call you that quickly and say they have to see you right away you worry.

Anyway, the blood test for clotting came back positive. Now this doesn't mean there IS a blood clot, it means they have to dig deeper. So I spent 6 hours in the ER waiting for an ultrasound test, only to find out I had to wait until this morning. I go in one hour.

What I need prayer for is that my leg is getting worse and all my pain control techniques have gone right out the window. I will have to sit at the hospital for another several hours to wait for the results and I am not comfortable in that atmosphere, and there is no way I can lay down when I need to for the pain. Also, I am not sure what I want from this. If it is positive, it could be serious but they can treat it. But if it is negative I am back at square one.

I guess the big thing for me is that I have a border I need to look after and my busy season is just starting with a wedding cake I haven't finished designing due in mid April and I have three brides I need to meet with regarding receptions/cakes.

I am sorry to draw this out, but if you could just pray that I get some relief soon, and that I won't fall apart from pain and lack of sleep, I would really appreciate it.

sorry to hear it, lp.

i hope the pain eases, and you can rest comfortably very soon. sending good vibes to help you feel better...}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks everyone, DH just came to pick me up. I will be gone most of the day but will try and update you when I get back.

Lp, I am sending all my healing thoughts and energy to you. I can't imagine what it is like to live with constant pain and I'm praying you will be restored to perfect health.

I am praying for you. I pray that whatever the results of the tests, you find relief from this pain.

:flowers: Barbara

Best wishes and my prayers are on their way to you.

Sometimes we all lose sight of how good we have it when we have our health.

God bless-I hope you get some relief soon.

Thank you everyone. We just got back from the hospital and the good news is I do not have a blood clot in my leg. The bad news is that they just say it is part of my arthritis and since none of the normal treatments for that don't work, there isn't anything they can do. They gave me some pain medicine which I insisted doesn't work and sent me home.

So, now I really have to start rethinking my career - even though I have people to help me occasionally, because my catering business is part time I can't afford to pay anyone full time to help me if I am not in good health.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts. If I can just get some decent sleep, I know I will be able to see the brighter side of all this. Too bad I can't stand too long - the one thing that stops me from having a pity party is to bake up a storm!

Laurie,
you have my prayers and all good thoughts..I have a mild form of arthritis so can imagine the intense pain you feel..Try, to get some rest..Nothing, but nothing is as important as YOU...While you're resting imagine the brides cake you are working on, then when you feel up to it finish it and make it a master piece.. Plan a baking frenzy with someone to clean it up for you..Just plan it..If you love doing it, it will make you smile and a smile, will help ease the pain..Wish I could take some of it for you..
kadesma

LP, I'm sorry for your pain. Find a good comedy and laugh a lot. Take Kadesma's words and rest, plan and see it happen. My prayers are with you. Dawn :)

Thank you everyone. We just got back from the hospital and the good news is I do not have a blood clot in my leg. The bad news is that they just say it is part of my arthritis and since none of the normal treatments for that don't work, there isn't anything they can do. They gave me some pain medicine which I insisted doesn't work and sent me home.

So, now I really have to start rethinking my career - even though I have people to help me occasionally, because my catering business is part time I can't afford to pay anyone full time to help me if I am not in good health.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts. If I can just get some decent sleep, I know I will be able to see the brighter side of all this. Too bad I can't stand too long - the one thing that stops me from having a pity party is to bake up a storm!

So sorry you are suffering. Just remember, you've got all of us here at DC who care about you.:heart:

Just catching up with this. Sorry to hear of your suffering. I wish that I can offer you some advice to ease you and let you sleep. I hope you have some relief soon.

I want to thank everyone who has been praying for me and encouraging me. Specially BuckyT's nudges to eat properly!;)

My leg was getting better; however, just in the past couple of days the swelling has once again increased and I am forced to rest again. On top of that, my shoulders, upper arms and other leg are taking a beating making up for the weak leg and I am experience pain in these areas as well. This is making sleep increasingly more difficult and I am tired of being a guinea pig going from treatment to treatment and medication to medication. Fatigue has set in and they are not sure if this is a result of the lack of sleep or a new symptom. I see a surgeon in a few weeks to see if there is anyway to remove the pressure on the knee in the short term or if I need to be on a list for a replacement in the long term.

I have fun here on DC discussing my passion for food; however, I am even finding that sitting at the computer is getting difficult and my times in the kitchen are getting less and less.

If you could all keep praying and thinking positive thoughts I would appreciate it very much. Besides my family and friends you are an important lifeline for me.

Back
Top Bottom