ISO Veggie Curry recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hampo

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone.... I wonder if somebody can help me.

I am attempting to cook a veggie curry tonight for a special lady who i want to impress so decided to do it from scratch rather than from a jar.

I've just been to get the ingredients and wondered if somebody could give me some ideas with what i could do with them.

I have:
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 sweet potato
2 courgettes
onion
garlic
ginger
nutmeg
corriander
tumeric
cumin
can of chopped tomatos
fresh tomatos
cocnut milk
mushrooms
cashew nuts.

If anyone can think of any decent curry to make from that i would be forever greatful...

Thank you so much

Rob;)

Last edited:
If you have a look under 'Members Lists' in the blue bar at the top, and go to the "R" list, Radhuni has an Indian website listed which may give you some direction. Other members will surely come through with something for you but Radhuni's site is a good starting point. Good Luck!!

What you have would make a good curry, except you need curry powder or curry paste ;) Cook's Illustrated has a recipe for veggie curry that includes Penzey's Curry Powder and McCormick's Garam Masala as essential ingredients.

Last edited:
I disagree, do not need curry powder. What you have there is more than sufficient. Sorry I dont have time to type out a recipe, but if someone hasnt posted something by tomorrow I will type one up.

Welcome to DC!

I just noticed you said you wanted to make it from scratch. The thing about curry is that it usually contains lots of spices, so it's just easier and less expensive to buy a mixture. But you don't have to; this page has some examples of homemade curry seasonings: Melinda Lee

Here's a basic curry recipe with photos: Jeena's Kitchen: Vegetable Curry Recipe You can substitute the veggies you have on hand. Just add them in order of density, so the more dense ones, like the potatoes, will be cooked through; they will need more time than the courgettes and peppers. If you want a spicy curry, you'll need a red or green chile pepper. HTH.

Thank you all for your help. I made a nice veggie curry for a new girl friend who was very impressed. The problem is she is a veggie herself and i have never cooked without meat so apart from the curry i'm stuck for ideas

Thank you all for your help. I made a nice veggie curry for a new girl friend who was very impressed. The problem is she is a veggie herself and i have never cooked without meat so apart from the curry i'm stuck for ideas

I'm a vegetarian, let me know if you want some suggestions for future meals! You might consider investing in one veggie cookbook too. ;)

There are lots of dishes involving spinach and ricotta - lasagna, canneloni, filo pastry triangles, pies or rolls. Eggplant parmigiana, potato and leek filo pie, vegetarian stirfries, risottos (like pea and parmesan, roast pumpkin), thick vegetable soups, tarts (like asparagus and goats cheese, tomato and bocconcini, pumpkin and olive), meatless fritatas, and the list goes on!!!

I'm a vegetarian, let me know if you want some suggestions for future meals! You might consider investing in one veggie cookbook too. ;)

Think i might have to get me one of them... Can you recommend any?

Back
Top Bottom