Time for the Real Thing - Coke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hardly ever drink the stuff either. If I see any of this though I will be buying a bottle.

I'd bet money I won't see any of that at the local grocery store :(
Now if they made Kosher snuff..... :LOL:

I like Coke the best. I am happy to see a Kosher Coke. I'm not Jewish, but I think it is a good idea.

As for Pepsi or Coke, I go with Coke.

I am happy to see a Kosher Coke.
Well all Coke is kosher. What makes this different is that it is kosher for passover (there is a difference). What that means is that for a very short while, Coke will make some bottles the way they used to with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

Well all Coke is kosher. What makes this different is that it is kosher for passover (there is a difference). What that means is that for a very short while, Coke will make some bottles the way they used to with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

Is HFCS tref?

Does the cane sugar variety cost the same as the HFCS variety?

Is HFCS tref?
It depends on who you ask. Some say it is and others say it isn't. Those who say it is not kosher for passover say so because corn expands (think popcorn) when cooked so they feel corn is not KFP.

I have never personally seen the yellow cap Coke in a store so I am not sure about pricing, but i think it is the same price. I just know it is very hard to find and goes very quickly when it is stocked.

i'm usually a milk or water kinda girl, but I'd buy this in a heart beat. There is probably not a pizza meal go by that I think, sure would like a coke with this. But i'm thinking my rural Krogers may not carry it:(

Mexican coke.. they sell it at Kroger in the Mexican food isle---great stuff..

pppsssstttt Jeff, there are only two isles in my Krogers, and Mexican is not one of them:ROFLMAO::)

we have possibly the smallest Krogers in the US, barely enough room to turn the cart around:LOL:

Last edited:
pppsssstttt Jeff, there are only two isles in my Krogers, and Mexican is not one of them:ROFLMAO::)

we have possibly the smallest Krogers in the US, barely enough room to turn the cart around:LOL:

Wow... didn't know any of those were left in the chain.... We have a couple of non-chain stores like that.

well if you get to a grown up Kroger:cool: you can get the Mexican coke there..:ROFLMAO:

Won't happen for me. I've never been a Coke fan. I'm a Pepsi girl.

Actually, I drink so few sodas it really wouldn't make any difference to either maker.

The article also mentioned 'Passover Pepsi' if you are interested, but we don't keep pop in the house either.

However, DW and I both said we might try this. There are some micro soda breweries and foreign sodas we pick up around here that are made with either cane sugar or sucrose and we have always liked them better.

Back
Top Bottom