William Sonoma Cookbooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Little Italy

Assistant Cook
Has anyone else used these? I love my Italian one and was thinking about investing in the other William Sonoma cook books. Baking, Desserts, Slow Cooking etc.

We were given a WS muffin cookbook for our wedding. I have only made one recipe from it, but it came out great. There were a lot of great looking ones that I will get around to making someday.

I've received several of them as gifts & the recipes - thankfully - do seem to run true to form. Nothing's more frustrating than trying a recipe that just doesn't work no matter how you try to tweak it. Makes you wonder how much "testing" some of these cookbook authors/editors actually do sometimes.

I also like the fact that many of the recipes use interesting ingredients, but not so "interesting" that they're impossible to find or use a substitute for.

I was given several of them at Christmas. I couldn't fit them in my suitcase, so I'll get to look at them when I go back next week. What little I did see looked great!

I've received 3 of WS cookbooks and have made several dishes from them that turned out great. One of my favorites is penne pasta with asparagus and anchovies.

I have a few that I've been lucky enough to find at Yard Sales. Amazing that I can get these for a quarter a piece. I love the photos - and so far, I've had some good experiences with the recipes.

Vegetables

We have 1 on vegetables & we bought it at 1/2 Price books. We don't use it much, but that applies to a lot of our cookbooks.

How good they are depends in large part upon who wrote them. Each one is different. If you have comprehensive books on the subjects already, you probably don't need them, but when did that ever stop us from buying a cookbook? :LOL:

I absolutely love my Italian one, although i don't always use the recipes but i get ideas and make them my own.

I agree with ironchef.
The W-S books I've seen at Borders specific to certain cities and cuisine are quite informative and accurate relative to food costumes and etiquette... for example, coffee customes in France or tapas in Spain. Relative to recipes, I haven't tried any.

I have the one called, Thanksgiving & Christmas.
I've made the "Mashed potatoes with parsnips", "Glazed carrots and parsnips", "Lemon whipped cream", and "Pumpkin cheesecake".
All good!

Jeekinz:
That "Sauces" book looks like it's in my future. I've been interested in getting a book like this for some time now...

Jeekinz:
That "Sauces" book looks like it's in my future. I've been interested in getting a book like this for some time now...

There's actually more than 3 different titles from that group. Check out Amazon for some deals on used ones and the other titles.

Back
Top Bottom