How much are you paying for gas/heating oil where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I left, regular was $3.19 where we live (the border area of SC and NC near Charlotte). I am visiting in San Diego County, California now, and here in Vista I have seen regular from $3.55 to $3.69 (mostly $3.59). The paper said diesel is about to go over $4.00 here.

:ermm:Barbara

$3.29 here and no ceiling in sight. 1% milk today was $2.95/gallon, eggs were $1.78/dozen. I find myself passing on things or asking "do I need that today?"

I refuse to be cold and uncomfortable in my own home, we work too hard for that, but we have a programmable thermostat so we can keep the temp lower while we're gone and sleeping, but warmer when need be. We have slowly converted to the low energy fluorescent light bulbs, and I am starting to notice a difference on the electric side.

There is no darned reason gas needs to be so high. We are carpooling!

am, the reason fuel costs are so high is that the price is based on whatever the market will bear. the whole supply and demand dealio.

if you have something a lot of people want, then you can charge whatever you want, up until people stop wanting it because of the price.

i've gone over to compact flourescents, but not in all fixtures. they don't work well, unless you blink a lot ;), in light fixtures controlled by a dimmer switch.

$3.33/gallon for gasoline here, up 30 cents in the past week. Not a huge burden for me, as I don't live far from work or drive a monstrous vehicle.

Electric + nat. gas has been on the rise, now costing about $110-120/mo. Thanks Ameren.

There is no darned reason gas needs to be so high

China + India are beginning to use a whooooooole bunch'o gas. Americans need to change their car-dependent suburban lifestyles or just get used to high energy prices.

3.33-3.40 for #78 gasoline. I don't drive much and I get a discount from my grocery store, so it's not too bad.

Gas for the house is $7.52/DHT ($127 in Feb for a 2000 sq ft. home with bad windows).
It was $122 for electricity/water/garbage combined.

I remember back when I was a kid and Dad pulled into a gas station in our VW Bug and told the attendant, "Give me 5", and the poor kid asked, "5 gallons or 5 dollars?" Dad looked at him like he was as dumb as a rock ... $5 would have been over 25-gallons of gas!

When I was in college (University of Texas) I had to trade in my 1972 Buick Skylark GS (beautiful burnt orange and white convertable ... my school colors ... and the first new car I had ever purchased on my own) and get a Ford Pinto Stationwagon ... because the price of gas went up to over 30-cents per gallon!

I think gas down the street at the SAM'S club station is now $3.27 for regular - up about 34-cents from last week.

We are fortunate(?) that we don't have heating oil to deal with ... we are all electric - but they do bump up the price of electricity during the winter ... which really sucks.

ARRGH .. the corn ethanol thing ... it's raising the price of corn, and other grains, used for food, it only gets about 80% the miles-per-gallon as gasoline, and it produces just as much polution as fossil fules. When I lived in Colorado - the winter blend included increased ethanol to keep it from freezing - and the price could jump 18-25 cents per gallon for the "winter blend".

We used to have the ability to buy inexpensive cars with good fuel mileage - but thanks to Ralph Nader they got taken off the roads ... now even the basic VW bug is expensive - no longer is it the "People's Car". Darn you Ralph Nader!

We used to have the ability to buy inexpensive cars with good fuel mileage - but thanks to Ralph Nader they got taken off the roads ... now even the basic VW bug is expensive - no longer is it the "People's Car". Darn you Ralph Nader!

What?

????

Back
Top Bottom