Stuffed Chicken Breasts - A celebration of goat cheese!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crono760

Cook
Well, it's probably no secret, but here's what I did tonight for dinner. It's a chicken breast (boneless) dish with a few sides:

preheat oven to 380F (or wherever you normally cook chicken. 380F is it for me)

Stuff the chicken breast with goat cheese and roasted red peppers. Place it into a baking pan.

Put some olive oil (spanish EVOO is best), some balsamic vinegar (I used a fig balsamic, so I imagine it was flavoured), some salt and pepper, and some crushed garlic into a small bowl, mix it up, and spread it over the chicken.
I used a brush to do this.

Bake it (it took about 30 minutes to cook on my oven).

Appetizer: Fry some thin, round slices of French Baguette in spanish EVOO. Put a small piece of goat cheese on top. Drizzle with balsamic.

Side: Pasta salad made with a bit of goat cheese and Kraft Balsamic Dressing (I don't really know how to make a good pasta salad dressing:ermm:)

It is so good!

Mike

The chicken sounds great!

I always use Good Seasons Italian Dressing for pasta salad. Use more than you think you need, as the pasta really soaks it up.

I don't know what it is, but, I never liked stuffed chicken breast.

I gave it another try a few weeks ago at a danish restaurant. I tried so hard to have an open mind, but I just did not like it. Something about the idea of it being "stuffed" with something, even if I eat what it is suffed with.

Well Marko, I must admit: seeing your blog two days ago is what spawned my idea for my stuffed chicken in the first place:rolleyes:. I used your goat cheese idea, but I've always been a huge fan of roasted peppers:chef:

Well, it's probably no secret, but here's what I did tonight for dinner. It's a chicken breast (boneless) dish with a few sides:

preheat oven to 380F (or wherever you normally cook chicken. 380F is it for me)

Stuff the chicken breast with goat cheese and roasted red peppers. Place it into a baking pan.

Put some olive oil (spanish EVOO is best), some balsamic vinegar (I used a fig balsamic, so I imagine it was flavoured), some salt and pepper, and some crushed garlic into a small bowl, mix it up, and spread it over the chicken.
I used a brush to do this.

Bake it (it took about 30 minutes to cook on my oven).

Appetizer: Fry some thin, round slices of French Baguette in spanish EVOO. Put a small piece of goat cheese on top. Drizzle with balsamic.

Side: Pasta salad made with a bit of goat cheese and Kraft Balsamic Dressing (I don't really know how to make a good pasta salad dressing:ermm:)

It is so good!

Mike

I saw your post yesterday and couldn't stop thinking about those chicken breasts. I stuffed two boneless skinless breasts with roasted red pepper and goat cheese, but sauteed them in a pan first and finished them in the oven. Accompanied with a field green salad, it was absolutely Devine!

Thanks for the idea. ;) It will always be in my arsenal. :chef: I'll kill for Roasted Red Peppers. :LOL:

Don't get me started! This sounds great. I may have to mention it to my Chef, for a special a couple weeks from now. Goat cheese, roast red bells, sauteed onions or shallots, some fresh thyme and rosemary, yadda yadda yadda.

do you have to use goat cheese or will any type of cheese work. Like guda cheese or povalone or swiss?

I'd imagine that anything you'd like would work, but I prefer to use a stronger flavoured cheese, so no provolone...

Mike

Back
Top Bottom