Tornado in Atlanta? Naaaaaa...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeninga75

Sous Chef
So I'm sitting here scoffing at the tornado watch for my area (Augusta, Ga) going by at the bottom of my TV screen. I look outside and would say it's partly cloudy, if that. Go to my Comcast homepage and see this.

Six miles of downtown Atlanta...

Anyone here from Atlanta? Did it affect you?

I work in a public assembly area. What good would warnings have done? What to you do with 18,000 people in just a few minutes???

A warning in the arena would have caused a panic and you would have had people getting trampled to death in the rush to get.... well where would they go anyway??
Kinda freaky though, I live 8 miles from downtown Chicago and I always assumed my area was to urban to allow tornadoes the ability to form... now I wonder...

I work in a public assembly area. What good would warnings have done? What to you do with 18,000 people in just a few minutes???
In an enclosed arena nothing should have been done, however if it was a week ago at Atlanta Motor Speedway that would have been totally different. As seen in the past AMS and tornadoes aren't a good mix. Atlanta Motor Speedway | Media | Tornado Gallery

Fortunately there were no people there at the time it happened.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom