Best Rum Cake Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buck

DC's Angel
Buckytom said he thought my nose looked red. Here's why:

Best Rum Cake Ever

Ingredients:
1 C butter 1 tsp baking soda
1 C sugar 1 tsp salt
4 large eggs lemon juice
1 C dried fruit 1 C brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder nuts
1 or 2 quarts rum
Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality. (Pretty good, huh?) Now go ahead.
Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check rum again as it must be just right. To be sure the rum is of the finest quality, pour one level cup into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat, if needed.
With an electric mixer, beat 1 C of the butter in a large fluffy bowl and add 1 teaspoon of thugar and beat again.
Meanwhile, make sure that the rum is of the finest quality. Cry anuther tup. Open second quart, if necessary.
Add 2 arge eggs. 2 cups fried druit and beat til high. If druit get stuck in beaters, just pry loose witha drewsciver
Sample rum again to check for tonscisticity
Next, sift 3 cups od salt oar anythink. it really doesn't matter. Sample the rlum.
Sift half pint of lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1 babblespoon of brown thugar, or whatever color you can find, and mix mell. Grease over an turn cake pan to 350 gredees.
Now poor the whole mess into the boven and ake.
Check the rum again and bo to ged.

LOL! I'm sending this to someone who just made a rum cake for me. First time I've ever had one in my life and it was absolutley sinful. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom