Dinner, Sunday March 16th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Going to grill teriyaki marinated shrimp and patio stks, buttered corn, fries and tossed salad. Makeing a butterscotch cream cheese pie for dessert.

Last edited:
Roast Chicken and Spring greens (like Collard) with Sage/Onion stuffing and plenty gravy :)

Tonight we are having a shrimp, chicken and mushroom stirfry and I might make a bread pudding for dessert.

No cooking, just taking an appy to my sons house..His baby is 13 today...boy does time fly by..Taking a platter of shrimp and cocktail sauce and one of my Italian meats and cheeses rolled in bread dough and baked.

kadesma;)

We are going to my SIL house to celebrate her son's 10th birthday and my son's 16 birthday. She is making a traditional St. Patrick's Day Irish dinner of corned beef, cabbage and potatoes. My husband and kids are not thrilled.

Roast Chicken and Spring greens (like Collard) with Sage/Onion stuffing and plenty gravy :)

yt, what do you mean by gravy, what is in it and how do you make it and why is there always lots of it?:)

this week we need to be eating ricotta cheese. I am clearing out the freezer of last years ricotta cheese. So on the menu this week will be cheese crepes. This will also be an opportunity to use some of the canned lasagna sauce.:)

yt, what do you mean by gravy, what is in it and how do you make it and why is there always lots of it?:)

I`ll confess to being somewhat surprised at this question, but I can appreciate that not Everyone makes it.

simply it`s the stock taken from the roasted meat and then you add the water that the veg was cooked in and thicken it with starch or flour.
this then gets poured onto the food.

it`s nice if you have potatoes too, coz you can mash them up with your fork and mix it with the gravy *YUMMY*

but don`t do this at resteraunts it`s considered rude/impolite.

baby back ribs and a meatloaf on the smoker ..
will also throw some keilbasa on there soon ..
corn on the cob and potato salad ...
man am i going to be full ...

Today we made green bagels at work. They didn't sell that great so I brought a few home to make bagel pizzas on. The kids can't wait!

Yesterday I cooked two beef roasts in the crock pot; seasoned them with onions, garlic, sherry and beef stock. Today I have been in the kitchen assembling a great big pot of vegetable beef soup. We will have a big bowl of that with garlic cheese bread, fruit salad for dessert. Yum!

I`ll confess to being somewhat surprised at this question, but I can appreciate that not Everyone makes it.

Thanks!

Mainly I was making sure you Brits are calling gravy what us'ens call gravy:rolleyes:. And we do.
And seemed like I could not always find a source for your gravy fixin's in some of your meals. It has been something I had been meaning to ask you, so I did.:)

Going to grill teriyaki marinated shrimp and patio stks, buttered corn, fries and tossed salad. Makeing a butterscotch cream cheese pie for dessert.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ oh good^^^^^^^^^^^^
cause I'm coming over:LOL::LOL:
Oh, but just in case I'm not invited I'll have sushi again, I think I'm on a kick, yep, I am, and Poutine from FritzFrize

Either that chicken picatta that I've been thinking about
or
eggs Benedict.

Just waiting for Paul to make up his mind....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom