Anybody admit to going to Grocery Outlet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
We had one here for years and years. But since, last year, it closed down.
While so many sings the praises of Trader Joe's, I'd much rather peruse the aisles of Grocery Outlet. The things I've found over the years there are much more interesting and the prices unbeatable. But then again, it's now closed and the closest one I now know of is up the 99 around Fair Oaks California, way too far for the venture I'm afraid to say.

My other favorite location in Honolulu Hawaii. That one is a kick.

We have a few around us... and Yeap... I've been there. Love saving money.

Love 'em LEFSE! To buy 6 red peppers for $3 made me want to shout from the rooftops! :LOL: And at the SAME time my friend could buy her toddler a drumset :ROFLMAO:

We only have four available grocery stores around here, a Glen's Foods (part of the Spartan Stores group), a SuperValue, a SuperSaver, and an IGA. The first has the greatest variety, but is still lacking severely in it's produce and cheese departments. The meats are standard supermarket USDA Choice and Select cuts, with little ability to special order. And meats that I hear are the cheaper cuts, such as flank and skirt steak for instance, are not often purchaced by the average shopper around here and so are a specialty meat, aka high priced.

We have a small superette called Nevel's that has been around longer than me, and that has a butcher shop in back. Occasionally they will get in some very fine meat, but usually, though the meat is superior to super market meat, it's not as good as I can get from the local butchers. Unfortunately, to get meat locally grown (really good stuff at a great price), you have to purchase at least a quarter-cow. I don't often have the cash for a quarter cow due to family costs (last year a car, this year a wedding, the year before that two weddings, etc. etc.).

I feel just plain underprivileged in the food arena. I live in a town that is cullinarily retarded. I can't get so many good things, especially in the produce department.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I have gotten the craziest olive oils there.
The craziest huge rounds of Brie cheese there.
The most wonderful crazy odd sounding real butters there.
All at great prices but alas, nethermore.:(
Feta cheese, canned foods, foi gras, even caviar.
The cheese sections are the best, the deli meats too.
My kids used to hate it going in there. They though if seen, they'd be mocked at being in a dumb, other than ritzy, supermarket. I said, "Do you like to eat? Then sit or walk and be ye quiet, mom's shoppin."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom