I'm New Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsBrandi

Assistant Cook
Hey there! I am new, this forum looks like you guys have a lot of fun here, and offer lots of help, sooo thought I would sign up, thanks for having me! :) I look forward to asking lots and lots of questions about cooking!(I am not saying I am a bad cook---MY HUBBY is just a picky eater!) He is one of those that likes to say ""That isn't how mom made it!"" :glare: I have told him to go let his MOM cook it for him before! haha! I love him to pieces but he sure is hard to cook for! Of course its a challenge and that could be a good thing! :rolleyes:*rolls eyes* Whatever!

Welcome, Mrs. Brandi! I'm new as well. I can relate to picky eaters - I am one. I'm more picky about food texture than taste...is your husband the same way?

Well, no not really... he is from an abusive childhood (he was adopted finally but....) while he was with his biological mom and dad she was I guess you could call really lazy... and would feed them bad food , as in OLD and out of date... so I can totally understand why he would be picky today which is why it doesnt bother me too much. And in my last post when I said he referred to MOM that was his adoptive mom.

Like... when I give him just an everyday sandwich of whatever style... he always INSPECTS the layers, looking between the ham and cheese and the cheese and bread. Its soooo annoying, but again I can understand I guess.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking! Wow, can't say I blame him for inspecting. Somehow he is going to have to trust you though.

If you get him involved someone with the cooking process that may help? Eating what we have helped prepare is always rewarding.

And when he says "that isn't how Mom made it" - um.....that's a compliment, right? :LOL:

And when he says "that isn't how Mom made it" - um.....that's a compliment, right? :LOL:

Well, no, he calls his 'adoptive mom' "MOM" soooo... I have had her cooking and its SO FANTASTIC! She can make just a simple plain OLD EVERYDAY spaghetti something out of this world! I look for reasons to go to her house around dinner! lol He doesn't really refer to his biological mother as MOM.

And you know, also... No One is really going to be able to cook like "MOM" in a way.;)

Oh boy, you are right about no one is going to cook like Mom anyway! LOLOLOL

He has every right to be picky though - that would be tough. :flowers:

Good luck with cooking - make things that she never makes - he can't say it then! :brows:

Hi MrsBrandi - welcome! I think with that in my background I would inspect the lettuce and cheese also! :) By the way, I follow adoptions from Ukraine somewhat - I read about one boy squirreling away food under his bed less there be none tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom