Sourdough Starter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

west coast smoker

Assistant Cook
My Grandmother and also my father made great sourdough pancakes. Well they are both gone now and have taken the secret of their sourdough starter with them to the kitchen in the sky.

Does anybody have a good recipe for making a sourdough starter?:angel:

There are many recipes for starter around, I have always bought mine but it can be made with just flour and water. There is a wealth of info at a web site called The Fresh Loaf,very good site. I have also put "sourdough" or "sourdough bread" in my web browser and come up with hundreds of places with recipes,ideas,etc.

in the resteraunt i used to work in we started our starter by mixing flour and water to a sloppy dough leave covered with cheese cloth for a week then feed daily with flour and water if it gets a funny coloured mould on it dont worry just mix it in and it will give it better flavour. if it is eating or growing too fast then store it ing the fridge

kitchenelf is right you know it is addictive!!!!! I no longer make thie sour dough and miss it most amazingly!!!

Yea, I miss it too. A long, long time ago my roommate and I had this starter. It made 3 loaves every 3 days - so we ate 3 loaves every 3 days - 'cept one very bad thing - the 3 loaves were usually gone the first day. The first loaf was usually gone at breakfast! :blush:

Back
Top Bottom