Quick Orange Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
Came up with it last night, I'll try to remember how I made it...lol.

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, salt pepper, into a pan with EVOO to saute.

Just before the chicken is cooked, remove from pan and set aside.

Add a tablespoon or so of EVOO and a sliced shallot to the same pan the chicken was in and cook for a minute. Add 1/4 cup orange liquor like Cointraeu (I used some stuff from Greece, Yum!). Watch out for the flames, REMOVE the pan from the stove completely before adding the Cointraeu or similar ingredient. This is when a flame is likely to occur. and add about a cup of OJ. Simmer on medium high. Add: 1/2 teaspooon pizza pepper, 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger, 1-2 tablespoons honey, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add the chicken back to the pan to fiish cooking. Remove the chicken and reduce the sauce to the consistency of a thin syrup and plate. Garnish with chopped parsley or sliced scallions.....or both if your into that kind of thing. :chef:

Here's the best part: The chicken was accompanied by Uncle Bens Chicken rice and a field green salad with a Balsamic dressing. When the dressing and orange sauce met eachother in the middle of my plate, something Magical happened.:ohmy: :chef: So next time, I'm going to add maybe a tablespoon of Balsamic dressing to the sauce.

Last edited:
OMG - this sounds awesome. I think you need to edit your post though and include the step to REMOVE the pan from the stove completely before adding the Cointraeu or similar ingredient. This is when a flame is likely to occur.

OK - back to the recipe. I just found Blood Orange Vinegar at my grocery store and made a salad dressing out of it. Sounds like it would be great with this dish unless it's just "orange" overkill! :LOL:

Thanks so much for posting this - don't you just love when something comes together like this? :chef:

Anything is worth at least one try wether it's overkill or not. I originally wanted to top it with a sliced orange confit, but I had a bad day at work. Maybe next time.

I forgot to say - I made this blood orange vinaigrette with well, the blood orange vinegar, olive oil, honey, dijon, salt, pepper, and cilantro. I have this "thing" for baby romaine so that's what I used.

I'm going shopping for chicken this weekend - can't wait to make this!!!! I might make a risotto using orange zest and a wee bit of white truffle oil - I think the bright of the orange will go nicely with the earthy of the oil.

I'm starving and this isn't helping! :LOL:

Add 1/4 cup orange liquor like Cointraeu (I used some stuff from Greece, Yum!). Watch out for the flames, REMOVE the pan from the stove completely before adding the Cointraeu or similar ingredient. This is when a flame is likely to occur.

Hey, Jeekz - sounds great :) I'm definitely trying this one :chef:

I think Kitchenelf meant for "REMOVE the pan..." to go BEFORE "Add 1/4 cup orange liquor...", though, so people will be sure to do that first.

Well, if they don't get it right they can just yell 'oommpppaaahhhh' before putting it out!:LOL:

Does sound really really delicious, can't wait until I start cooking again full time!

Back
Top Bottom