Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Cook's Tools (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f88/)
-   -   Pressure cookers for meals...does anyone use them? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f88/pressure-cookers-for-meals-does-anyone-use-them-44502.html)

BettyR 03-23-2008 11:56 AM

Pressure cookers for meals...does anyone use them?

I bought a cheap little pressure cooker at Bed Bath and Beyond that was on clearance for $15.00 because I wanted to try one out and see if I liked it before I spent very much money on one.

Well I LOVE it and I want a bigger better pressure cooker and I don’t know what to look at. Does anyone have one they use and like?

I would appreciate any help here.
Thanks,
Betty

suzyQ3 03-23-2008 12:12 PM

I think that Kuhn-Rikon makes the best quality pressure cookers. They are heavy-duty stainless steel and truly rival any fine cookware.

I have their large cooker (I think it's 8 quarts), and I have their 5-quart braiser-shaped cooker.

BTW, they are stove-top, not electric or digital.

Katie H 03-23-2008 02:34 PM

Love, love, love, love, love my Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker. I have the 5-quart pan, the 2-quart frying pan, and a glass lid that fits both. I can't say enough good about them. Easy to use, quiet and so very well made.

BettyR 03-24-2008 12:16 PM

Thanks guys for your help. I’ve been reading reviews on the Kuhn Rikon pressure cookers and it seems that the newer models are having problems with the handles breaking.

I’ve just about decided that I’m going to get the Presto 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker/Canner for $59.99 at Amazon with free shipping and keep and eye on the Kuhn Rikon and see if they get this issue ironed out.

Thanks again for your help.
Betty

Essiebunny 03-25-2008 05:20 PM

I love my Kuhn Rikon and really do love it. I've had it just a couple of weeks and have made stew, cooked beans for baked beans,marinara sauce, chicken soup three times and beef veggie soup. Everything has turned out really well. The soups taste like the ones I cooked for 4 hours. Tomorrow, something I haven't made in years, porcupine meatball.

It seems to be very well made and certainly is easy to use.

suziquzie 03-25-2008 05:22 PM

Pacanis where are you, this one's for you!!

pacanis 03-25-2008 06:01 PM

I'm here......
I have an electric pressure cooker.
I'm not sure, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I have a propane grill and don't cook with charcoal......

I'm not a purist :wink:

But I do love my electric pressure cooker just the same :smile:

BettyR 03-25-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Essiebunny (Post 572943)
I love my Kuhn Rikon and really do love it. I've had it just a couple of weeks and have made stew, cooked beans for baked beans,marinara sauce, chicken soup three times and beef veggie soup. Everything has turned out really well. The soups taste like the ones I cooked for 4 hours. Tomorrow, something I haven't made in years, porcupine meatball.

It seems to be very well made and certainly is easy to use.

With model do you have?

Essiebunny 03-26-2008 12:40 AM

I have the Duromatic 6.3 Quart.

BettyR 03-26-2008 11:23 AM

Thanks I'll check it out.