Military Care Package Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
A friend of mine is in currently deployed to Iraq, and his birthday is coming up. I am going to for sure send him a package, but have never done it before!! I found a few recipes online, that are TNT for shipping to Iraq, such as brownies, cookie bars.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks or other recipes? Best ways to pack? He for sure wants brownies, and I have secretly emailed a few of his friends for other ideas. Any suggestions or TNT tips? Thanks!!! :angel:

Shannon, Buck and I have had two sons in the military, stationed all over the world. We've shipped all sorts of goodies and have always had good luck. Our son who was in the Navy always enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies we sent. Well, he tried to. His shipmates got the lion's share.:LOL:

What I usually did - in the case of brownies - was to cut the brownies and wrap each one in plastic wrap and then put into a zipper-lock sandwich bag. Stack them as if in the pan and wrap the the whole shebang in bubble wrap.

Put this "mass" into a box and place that box into a little larger box with styrofoam peanuts separating the boxes. Tape closed and mail. Happy brownies. Happy servicemen.

I did the same thing with chocolate chip cookies, except I packed the cookies in 3-pound metal coffee cans before putting into the final box.

Have fun and "thanks" for lightening the load of our servicemen. It means a lot from a mother who has sent two sons to do their duty.

Our neighbors husband is in the Army and just completed another tour in Iraq. Each year around Easter we would send them a ton of peeps, it was what they requested, easy to ship, and the got a big kick out of em.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom