Tough pork tenderloin.... why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marymary11

Assistant Cook
hi,
my pork tenderloins are usually so tender we don't need a knife.

tonight for some reason, it's so tough a fork won't even go thru it, it's like rubber. since i bought 3 of them, and have 2 left, i really want to know what i did wrong.

the only thing i did differently was to cook it in sourkraut. i'd never done that before. also, never marinated them either.

tia,
marymary

I would agree with Charlie that you need to try cooking one the way you always cooked them to achieve great tenderness and flavor. Most tenderloin products these days are branded. Did you try a different brand this time?

Did you get all the silver skin off? Are you SURE someone didn't sell you a pork loin and you thought it was the tenderloin? I have also found that if I buy a pre-seasoned pork t-loin, it's almost 'cured' and the texture is off. The kraut should actually help tenderize meat. I agree it sounds overcooked, but I have already roasted two t-loins together in a covered stoneware baker because my father INSISTED pork wasn't safe to eat under-dead, and it still melted in your mouth.

Can I just ask, how do you usually prepare it?

I sear mine in a cast iron skillet ( hot ) and finish in the oven at 400*F and it all ways comes out juicy internal temp of 160*F. It is fast so be on your toes with you thermometer..

I sear mine in a cast iron skillet ( hot ) and finish in the oven at 400*F and it all ways comes out juicy internal temp of 160*F. It is fast so be on your toes with you thermometer..

this is the same method i use and they always come out great. Sear + oven. i usually go at 350 degrees and cook a bit longer but same idea

Dave Hutchins said:
I sear mine in a cast iron skillet ( hot ) and finish in the oven at 400*F and it all ways comes out juicy internal temp of 160*F. It is fast so be on your toes with you thermometer.
jerseyjay14 said:
this is the same method i use and they always come out great. Sear + oven. i usually go at 350 degrees and cook a bit longer but same idea

And I use almost the same method as both of them but I cook in a bit HIGHER degree oven to finish :chef::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom