ISO cookies for diabetics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovestoeat

Assistant Cook
i'd like to bake white chocolate chip cookies for a pregnant diabetic good friend of mine. Does anyone have a low carb recipe and does NOT use artificial sweetener. she's not allowed to use artificial sweeteners during pregnancy.

thanks.

she really enjoys white choc cookies. it's her favorite cookie.

I've been where she is - gestational diabetes. Depending on how bad it is she either needs to eat a small amount of cookie (you could make them very small so she feels like she hasn't just broken a piece off) or just wait until she delivers. It's a small price to pay for that little bundle of joy! I know I still used sugar in my coffee - I just had to be careful. Does she use sugar at all for anything else?

Wow that is limiting.. no sugar and no artificial sugar?? I would agree with Elfie, diabetics cannot necessarily not have sugar, it is just that like any carb they have to limit how much of it they can have.
I am guessing she would need to take a look at the diabetic exchange to see what she could limit for that day to allow for a cookie (and a small one like Elfie suggested).

You might also consider asking a dietitian for free advice, but of course each person's diet is different.

my DH made some great low sugar low arb choc chip cookies for some of my coworkers. i'm telling him to post it here with the site he got it from. i believe it was the american diabetes association

diabetes is diabetes, exchanges are the best way to go..sugar,is a carb so do a carb exchange and make the cookie a small one...What i do is my meal is meat and salad and a veggie, then I check my BG after 2 hours if in limits I have a very small piece of what I want..lets say a normal slice of pie, I then cut that in half and put the other part away for the next day..Make sure you test and watch the carbs..your reward is better health and a beautiful baby.

kadesma:)

Then again, my lowest since the surgery has been 170 which for me is a record low!! That is in the morning when I get up and before I eat. So, on the exchange, I would never be allowed a cookie!!
Luckily DW has a soft heart and lets me get away with having sweets now and then!

she eats sugar. just a limited amt. so i guess what i'm looking for is a recipe calling for maybe whole wheat flour, and a limited amt of sugar. she doesn't do well with refined things i.e. all purpose white flour, white rice etc.

she eats sugar. just a limited amt. so i guess what i'm looking for is a recipe calling for maybe whole wheat flour, and a limited amt of sugar. she doesn't do well with refined things i.e. all purpose white flour, white rice etc.

loves, you really should try the recipe my DH posted (sixsix210). I have a variety of diabetics at work, even type 1 that is on a pump, and she ate the cookies and they didn't cause issues.

we'll do, meshoo96. i'll try the cookies from sixsix210. Thanks for posting the recipe for me sixsix210.

Back
Top Bottom