Dinner for Mon, March 31?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
It's friggin snowing again. Yesterday was sunny and 52, we melted most of the last of our ice bergs in the yard.
Supposed to get 4-6 inches today. Will spring ever come?
Anyway it's a good day to get some soup in. I'm taking votes.
Cream of Potato or Cream of chicken / wild rice.

I'm taking votes. Cream of Potato or Cream of chicken / wild rice.

Cream of potato with bits of bacon in it is my vote.

I think I will make some Mediterranian pasta. It has chick peas and spinach, yum! (It snowed here too, btw :mad:).

C of P has my vote, too.
PM me for my shipping address :)

I'm going to try to make hot meatloaf sandwiches for dinner. I say try because I am really going to be winging it making gravy from scratch. I figure I can slice a thin piece of the meatloaf, break it up into little pieces of "burger", toss them into a SS pan with butter, add some onion and mushrooms, then cook everything. That should give me a nice start to adding floour and beef broth to for gravy. In theory anyway :LOL:

I'm going to help the boy make Pork Tenderloin Scaloppine with Citrus Balsamic Sauce served with some grilled asparagus.

Not sure what I'm having yet, probably Tofu Bell Pepper Stir Fry. Fresh blackberries for dessert later.

I stayed home from work sick so I'm not really feeling like cooking but I am defrosting some brisket (from the Salt Lick in Austin TX) and I can make some coleslaw to go with it and maybe some corn bread.
It is pouring down rain here. It may not be snow but I'm wondering when spring is going to sprung?

I'd like the Cream of Chicken / Rice!!! :)

Cooking this week will be lite. The kitchen is getting painted, so I had to empty it on the weekend. I also emptied the fridge and made a turkey, sweet potato, barley, leftover veggie, soup.

Cream of potato gets another vote.

We're having bear stew
Paul will have his served over garlic and onion mashed potatoes.
I'll skip the potatoes.

Cream of Potato - yum!

We're having something called Spanish Dinner. Kinda like stuffed peppers, without stuffing them. OK, that makes no sense! lol But its good!

Warm and sunny today, so no cream of potato necessary. Today we're having huevos rancheros and homemade flour tortillas for dinner... Yum!

I need to go grocery shopping today after work, since I didn't get to it yesterday (wasn't feeling well, so I had to skip the Indian cooking class, too - oh well, there will be another), so I don't know yet what dinner will be. Something easy - maybe broiled pork chops with baked potatoes and green beans. Yeah, that's the ticket ;)

cream of potato aka "penny' soup...my Granny used to cut up hotdogs-put it in 'tater' soup and call it "Penny Soup" for us kids...nice memories...

nice Spring Day here in the 'Redneck Riverra'...supper shall be pork chops-sort of a rice pilaf-butterbeans-cornbread & fresh strawberry pie :cool:

The potato soup sounds good to me! Tonight is pork chops for us and still not sure what we'll have on the side. Oh and it's snowing here too, just lightly, but I'm sick of it!:angry:

We're having "Sharky's Salad." Sharky's is a sports bar/restaurant in Latrobe, PA. We stopped there a couple of times en route to somewhere else and got their signature salad, which is as follows: tossed salad w/ cukes, onions, peperoncini, black olives; on top of that, some nice cottage fries, a hunk of broiled tuna with melted cheese. Make your salad, fry your potatoes, sear your tuna; put the tuna on the potatoes, shred some of your favorite cheese over it and melt the cheese. Put the hot ingredients on the salad with your favorite dressing on the side. This is a whole meal and we really love it. If you don't have any tuna, broil some chicken breasts.

A local restaurant here makes a velvety cream of chicken soup with roasted red pepper- I'm partial to c of c.

I picked up some sweet pulled pork from our bbq place in town yesterday, so we're having pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw and roasted sweet potatoes.

C of P has my vote, too.
PM me for my shipping address :)

Funny I was gonna say the same last night about your meatloaf!
Trade?

The potatoes have it. Good thing, cuz I dont have the rice I thought I had!
It's not snowing too hard, but Mondays are not my most motivated days....
Thanks!

I think I'll rub down chicken thighs and cook them on the grill with BBQ sauce(at the end of cooking), maybe some rice and beans and a little something green like broccoli or spinach.

Back
Top Bottom