Dinner Friday April 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well, I have not been around for a few days and so thought I would start this thread!

It is just the border and I tonight as it is Friday. So, I am heating up some ribs for him from a couple of nights ago, and serving it with a baked potato and a cob of corn.

I am going to have a spring greens salad with some leftover baked salmon, raw seeds, dried cranberries and my poppyseed balsamic vinagrete.

It's supposed to be 60 and sunny today.
Probably grill some chicken and try the green beans pdswife posted yesterday.
Minus the bacon idea :(
Darn diets.

I'm getting dragged out to eat at a almost-a-chain new italian place tonight. :rolleyes: I'll be sure to open a nice bottle of wine, and munch on some leftover shortribs I braised last night before hand to spoil my dinner....

Take THAT girlfriend of mine. :mad:

Friday I usually DONT COOK.... as a kid Friday was always Pizza Night.

Fridays I like to kick back open a bottle of red wine and order out or eat leftovers....

This Friday I may actually cook a bit... I have a bunch of lefovers but I also have some of those peppers left to use up and a bunch of stalks and stumps and whatnot that need to be made into vegetable stock.

Veggie soup that I made last night
and a large dose of Battlestar Gallactica!

Changed my mind... we are having spaghetti and meat balls with a spicy tomato sauce ( oh and the meatballs are venison instead of beef):)

Last edited:
Not sure yet. We might be going to a dinner theater to see "Leatherheads" and have dinner there. If DH can't get tickets (might be crowded, since it starts today), we'll probably go out somewhere. Or I have shrimp and salmon in the freezer if we stay home. Might be a grilling night, unless it's raining. Jeez, that all sounds pretty confident, eh? ;)

Well, first I'm having several Mojito's. :w00t2:

Then I'm making Chicken Fajita's for the boy and Quorn Fajita's for me in some whole wheat tortillas. No dessert as the sugar in the mojito's is more than enough!

Hi guys!

DH and I are eating along but togther tonight, whoohoo! So, inspired by another friend I decided to celebrate Friday and have just put some champagne in the fridge! I turned some smoked macrel I had left over in the fridge into pate, and then, niceties dealt with its burgers with homemade pink coleslaw! I don't think we'll want a puding but if we do I have a nice pineapple that I think is ALMOST ready, and (prefering to eat locally and seasonally) it is making me feel guilty looking at it on the counter!

I'm making a variation on fajitas, with lots of carrot as that is what youngest wants (and main veg he will eat). Will ad salsa for mine. He has just been grating some cheese to go with.

Been raining here...again. I've poured over 5 inches out of our gauge since Wednesday night. More flooding. Comfort food is in order.

We're having meatloaf stuffed with string cheese, mashed potatoes and green beans. Nothing in particular for dessert. There's still some Easter candy left. I think I'll wait till tomorrow to make something sweet for the days ahead.

fried chicken livers, big plate of em. maybe a salad or veg. sugar free pudding. tomorrow making ol blue's meat loaf for company.along with corn, carmalized onions.salad and buscuits. opps forgot the baked potatoes. the meatloaf cries out for baked. loldessert will be lemon poke cake. babe

Making my husband a chicken curry, and something with shrimp for my dinner.

Friday is usually take-away night or pizza. I'm thinking the fried chicken dinner from the local market. It is "homemade" fried chicken, not that frozen stuff, and comes with cole slaw, potato salad and roles, and I'll get some fresh fruit for dessert.

Might pick up some stuffed ham for tomorow if they still have some left.

I was set on having steak and crab legs tonight, even picked up some shrooms, but Wally World had Tyson chicken wings $8 for 5 lbs. Soooooo ;)
Let's just say I'm leaning towards the wings, but it's early yet :)

Johnsonville Brats cooked in beer and carmelized onions on a roll with dijon mustard. Accompanied by a side of Corona Extra and a fresh serving of Red Sox baseball. ;)

Grilled rack of lamb for my GF and me, rice for a starch and probably brussell sprouts for a veg.
Dinosaur shaped chicked nuggets, sponge bob square pants mac and cheese and green beans for her grand kids! (thier request):)

Back
Top Bottom