Breakfast at Crewsk's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Juliev said:
COOL, john.. it's always nice to not have to work for a few days.. I hope you have a good time!

Going to be touring some wineries. I'm SURE I will! ;) (Hopefully I remember it...)

Not sure, but I think we've missed the icewine harvest, but it should still be fun.

ohhhhhhhhh yeah.. gotta love the biscuits and gravy! It's not the healthiest thing, but you have to splurge once in awhile! Breakfast at crewsk's place has become almost famous. The best place I have ever had it was in a little place in WV.. was going to Myrtle Beach and car broke down. It was to die for, and it was kinda spicy.

Ronjohn, you will be missed at this grand event! I hope you have a good time though!

Ardge, I can't make biscuits(a sad & shameful thing for a southern girl to admit):oops: so you'll have to do it.

Erik, hot is great as far as I'm concerned!

I'll have to dig out my chocolate gravy recipe for those biscuits too! You have never had a southern breakfast until you've had chocolate gravy over hot buttered biscuits!

Chocolate gravy sounds great, crewsk!

I'll bring cranberry ginger scones. And how about a chocolate panini with a raspberry yogurt dipping sauce?

crewsk said:
Ronjohn, you will be missed at this grand event! I hope you have a good time though!

Ardge, I can't make biscuits(a sad & shameful thing for a southern girl to admit):oops: so you'll have to do it.

I'll have to dig out my chocolate gravy recipe for those biscuits too! You have never had a southern breakfast until you've had chocolate gravy over hot buttered biscuits!

Crewsk, my dear friend Aaron (who just got married last weekend) used to tell me all the time about biscuits and chocolate. I never had it. His mother was from the South too. Could this be one in the same?

RJ

ronjohn55 said:
Juliev said:
COOL, john.. it's always nice to not have to work for a few days.. I hope you have a good time!

Going to be touring some wineries. I'm SURE I will! ;) (Hopefully I remember it...)

Not sure, but I think we've missed the icewine harvest, but it should still be fun.
there are some great wineries in this part of NY state.. where I'm moving to is wine country. That would be a great holiday.. a wine tasting adventure! I am sure I would wake up with a headache.

Juliev said:
ronjohn55 said:
Juliev said:

there are some great wineries in this part of NY state.. where I'm moving to is wine country. That would be a great holiday.. a wine tasting adventure! I am sure I would wake up with a headache.

You're gonna need a Michael Chiarello NapaStyle cookbook. I wanna be Michael Chiarello.

Maybe I just want his kitchen....

RJ

Ardge said:
crewsk said:

Crewsk, my dear friend Aaron (who just got married last weekend) used to tell me all the time about biscuits and chocolate. I never had it. His mother was from the South too. Could this be one in the same?

RJ

Yep more that likely it is! I found this recipe on cooks.com. It is very similar to mine but I can't find it right now. May have to call my mom this afternoon & get it from her again.

CHOCOLATE GRAVY

1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa
2 tbsp. flour
2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. butter
Sift sugar, flour, and cocoa together in saucepan, add milk. On medium heat stir until gravy thickens to desired consistancy. Remove from heat add butter and vanilla. Great over hot biscuits for chocolate lovers breakfast.

breakfast at crewsk's....
there ya go crewsk.
the name for your
business if and when
you open one :D

btw choc gravy sounds delish!!!!

Well, you all know I'll be bringing a truckload of Haas Avocados from California, as well as my house salsa - gotta kick up those omelettes!

I am not a big breakfast fan (hard when you can't stand eggs), but I will happily bring mimosas :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom