Julia Child on Chefography tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The thing that upsets me is that they said and specified ALL-NEW EPISODES - yet Ray-Ray and Sandra Lee's episodes are REPEATS! Seen them before.

Last edited:
Boo--hoooo.......I'll never see it and she is my all time inspiration to become a good cook and ease with cooking techniques----it's because of her that I learned how to cook a lobster though we couldn't afford it at the time and how to "fold" in liquids.......she really led a very interesting life......here's a glass of wine to you, Miss Julia........

She'll be back on later in the week sometime. Watch for the schedule or the announcement.

My guess is that they'll run a Chefography marathon over the weekend sometime.

Who would have ever known she couldn't cook until she was 35, and HATED the kitchen!?!? Great story.

Who would have ever known she couldn't cook until she was 35, and HATED the kitchen!?!? Great story.

Suzi, you HAVE to read Noel Riley Fitch's book about Julia called Appetite for Life. Fabulous book. Pardon the pun, but I "ate" the book and was sad when I got to the last page. At least I can read it again because Buck gave me a copy when the book came out.

Lots of great information about Julia, her family, her "jobs" and her great love, Paul Child.

And, yes, expat...I'll raise a glass to her, too. Julia Child...one of our finest national treasures!!!!

Suzi, you HAVE to read Noel Riley Fitch's book about Julia called Appetite for Life. Fabulous book. Pardon the pun, but I "ate" the book and was sad when I got to the last page. At least I can read it again because Buck gave me a copy when the book came out.

Lots of great information about Julia, her family, her "jobs" and her great love, Paul Child.

And, yes, expat...I'll raise a glass to her, too. Julia Child...one of our finest national treasures!!!!

Katie, have you read "My Life in France" yet? I swear I could hear Julia talking while I was reading it. and Nancy Verde Barr wrote a wonderful book on her years of working with Julia called "Backstage With Julia." You'd like that, too! not to mention Laura Shapiro's biography, which all of us who know Julia like much better than the Fitch book.......

Katie, have you read "My Life in France" yet? I swear I could hear Julia talking while I was reading it. and Nancy Verde Barr wrote a wonderful book on her years of working with Julia called "Backstage With Julia." You'd like that, too! not to mention Laura Shapiro's biography, which all of us who know Julia like much better than the Fitch book.......

Yes, I also have My Life in France and you're right, reading it was almost like having Julia sitting next to me. Wonderful book.

I'll have to see if the library has Backstage with Julia and Laura Shapiro's book. I love reading about Julia. She was a phenomenal person.

For those who might have missed Julia last night, she'll probably be back on over the weekend.

The Food Network is running a Chefography Marathon on Saturday.

I read that the FN was going to feature Robert Irwine has one of the celebrity chefs in this season's Chefography, but they then decided not to.

He was pulled from the documentary - I imagine because of the latest controversy surrounding his supposed credentials.

Back
Top Bottom