Dinner, Tuesday April 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH is going to a conference out of town, so it's just me tonight. I have some spaghetti meat sauce thawing in the fridge and some leftover linguine from lunch, and I'll make a salad and some garlic bread. Brownie-loaded chocolate ice cream for dessert.

I'm not sure yet, but I haven't actually "cooked" in a few days and I think I would like to today. Cold and yucky out, maybe some corn chowder?

French onion chuck roast and Bilby's Shreadded Sprouts. Apple pie if I get home from work early enough.

last night was lamb soup (home made stock,tomatoes barley carrots escarole marjoram), and biscuits.

tonight will be pan fried cod (in cracker meal), couscous peas and onions a simple 15 min meal.

:chef:good ol' "bfast. supper"-grits and eggs & 'cat-head' biscuits w/sausage and syrup

gonna be something with the rest of the herbed bread I have, maybe cubed and saute'd?, and the quart of sweet corn thawing in the fridge, and probably some eggs and some milk....sounds like a casserole to put in the oven when the roll dough is ready to bake..

i have some beef tenderloin chunks that have been defrosting for a bit; not sure if they're still good. same goes for about a pound of thin flounder strips.

trying to think of the best use for both in one dish.

but, if i have to chuck the fish, i'm thinking of making goulash.
if i have to chuck the beef, then i'll make them into fish "fingers", and then maybe into flounder parm. not sure if that would work.

buckytom-ever try blackened flounder-quick easy and good...I'm not good at mixing beef and fish-whatever you come up with I'm sure it will be good...

thanks mark. about the only thing that i can think of for fish and beef is a stir fry, but flounder doesn't lend itself to the violence of a wok.

hmmm, i may try the blackened flounder. dw likes blackened fish. i was going to reseason my cast iron pans tonight, so that may be the way go. thanks for the suggestion.

can you suggest a spice combo that blackens well?

Dinner on Tuesday night's usually consists of leftovers or quickie meals. By the time I get home from work, change clothes, walk to my PT class, then take another exercise class, then walk home.... the night is toast! So yea, I will probably eat toast! LOL! Tomorrow night's dinner will be much more exciting!

Youngest has a Cub Scout meeting and middle son has a Baseball game so it something simple tonight.
I thawed out some frozen shredded BBQ I'd made awhile back. So well be having BBQ sandwiches and tater totes.

I'm going to make the hot and sour I
never got around to making last night.

thanks mark. about the only thing that i can think of for fish and beef is a stir fry, but flounder doesn't lend itself to the violence of a wok.

hmmm, i may try the blackened flounder. dw likes blackened fish. i was going to reseason my cast iron pans tonight, so that may be the way go. thanks for the suggestion.

can you suggest a spice combo that blackens well?

Hey, BT. Try some paprika, thyme, cayenne, black pepper and garlic powder. HTH.

Quiche with baby spinach, ham, swiss cheese in it. I had to use up the food before it goes bad.

:chef:buckeytom-I worked w/Paul Prudhomme when he invented blackening so I've always gotten a case of his blackening seasoning every year...best I can remember;1 T sweet paparika-1 T thyme(dried)-1 t greek oregeno(dried)-1 t cayenne pepper-1 t garlic powder-1 t onion powder-2 ts salt-1 1/2 ts blk pepper-1 t cumin and pinch(1/8 t) of allspice...hope my cobwebs are 'close'---gotgarlic's sounded good too.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom