Transplanted Brit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackcat

Assistant Cook
Hi all, I'm British, love to cook, not great at it, but hoping I'll improve . Love to make curries, bake bread and cakes, and can make a decent roast dinner. I'm hoping to learn new things here, especially coping with measures I'm not used to.

I'm sure it's going to be fun, and I'm please to join you all. :)

:chef:Greetings and salutations fellow foodie-Welcome to the forum-great folks here and very knowledgeable-Look forward to your input...ask away...

Wow, I feel right at home already. Should have been Transplanted Brit, sorry. It's down to excitement, and a bit of a sticky "t" key.
I've just spent the last hour browsing around the posts, after baking my first loaf of bread in ages, and I've seen some really tempting ideas.

Welcome to DC, Blackcat!! I have two black cats and they are both are/were great hunters and the rest of the time, docile as a ... well, ***** cat!! LOL See if you are true to type!! ;-)

Welcome blackcat. I'm new to the site as of today, also.
I just got my first home computer about 3 months ago, but haven't had a chance between work and home to play. But now this dinosaur has wings!!!!!
I have some electrical and plumbing problems in the house lately, so I'll be spending the weekend on that.
Won't be checking in too often. And I'll be doing the chinese
take-out. Uhm, pot stickers!
Have fun ya'll.

quicksilver
Welcome to you too, Quicksilver!!

Hey Quicksilver! DC is short for "Discuss Cooking". You get used to the abbreviations used here after a while... well most of them, most of the time! Sometimes I have to do a double take cos some of the abbreviations mean different things here, and not all of them are polite! There is a list of most in the Help forum.

Where I am, in Oz, its Autumn. Won't be long before the heater has to go on again! So I will be trying to adjust to having to wear a jacket, although it is meant to be around 30C (86F) for the rest of the weekend.

Wow, I feel right at home already. Should have been Transplanted Brit, sorry. It's down to excitement, and a bit of a sticky "t" key.
I've just spent the last hour browsing around the posts, after baking my first loaf of bread in ages, and I've seen some really tempting ideas.

LOL - I fixed your "t" :flowers:

Welcome to Discuss Cooking!

Thank you, kitchenelf, I appreciate that. I'm actually in the Bahamas, quicksilver, now watching American cookery programmes. One of things to get used to is the difference in the spelling of some things, as well as measures. Life is a learning curve! :)

:rolleyes:
I forgot about this thread til now blackcat.
One of the things I had to get used to was not having
a basement and no full sized attic. As kids, the folks had one,
the kids the other. Downsizing wasn't easy, but you really don't
need as much stuff because there are only two seasons here.
1) SNOWBIRD 2) MOSQUITO - the state bird. :huh:

quicksilver

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself!
Cynthia Heilman

Back
Top Bottom