Dinner, Sunday April 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Making a beef roast today with onion & mushrooms, corn, mashed potatoes/gravy, coleslaw and crusty bread.

Last edited:
I just baked a loaf of bread and last night I did a beef brisket in beer, onion and liquid smoke, so we`ll have that sliced up on the bread as sammich`s.
and the stock will be used to make a soup for 2moro.

probably gonna be a pizza. Will make a whole wheat no-knead dough for the crust, pizza sauce, some spring onions, some chevre seasoned with Penzey's Chicago Steak seasoning, and some green peppers.

beer can chicken .. mashed potatoes with a ton of gravy ..
green beans cooked up with a little bacon and onions ..
cheese stuffed jalapenos then wrapped in bacon and grilled ..
and i am trying to make a cake .. well cup cakes actually ..

Celebrating waaaay too many years of wedded bliss today April 13th, the gorgeous man I'm married to is taking me to Whitefish Montana to Mambo Italiano for dinner to celebrate. Meantime, while we do our cruising around this beautiful area my girlfriend, who's lived here forever with her family, suggested great places to look for butter dishes. :LOL: Because 'that's' just what my husband wants to do after driving all the way up here from "Southern Cauliflower":wacko:

Making a beef roast today with onion & mushrooms, corn, mashed potatoes/gravy, coleslaw and crusty bread.
..........................or else DH and I are going here......:LOL:

My roasted chicken was sooooo good on Friday (toots own horn, pats own back) I'm making another.....
Beer can chicken this time, and I AM making gravy! I was a very good girl this weekend, worked my butt off at work and didn't eat any bagels. I deserve GRAVY!!!!

Last edited:
Chicken Sensational Casserole

in short: uncle bens wild rice with herbs, chicken, cream of celery, mayo, green beans, pimientos, green onions, topped with ritz and almonds.

I've got some nice thick bone in pork chops in a brine and then I'll fix some collard greens and new potatoes to go with - probably just a simple salad too.

Canned or boxed something.. left over from the last trip here... toooo tired to go shopping.

Made Shepherd's pie tonight. Couldn't find a recipe I liked so I took 2 that looked good and combined the best of both. Now I just have to write it all down before I forget what I did.

Jeeks and his steak photographs inspired me to take a picture of tonights pizza...so here goes...

Attachments

• DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 173

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom