Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   General Cooking (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   ISO Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/iso-bleu-cheese-dipping-sauce-45153.html)

BBQ Mikey 04-13-2008 03:49 PM

ISO Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce

Looking to make a bleu cheese dipping sauce for buffalo wings. I have crumbled bleu but don't know how to make it creamy. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

pacanis 04-13-2008 04:00 PM

I made some blue cheese sauce the other night for some wings I had. It tasted and looked a lot like the "Buffalo blues" wings a wing bar I used to frequent had, but I'm sure this isn't the official recipe:rolleyes:

I took some butter and some hot sauce and melted them together, about half and half. I then dumped in my crumbled blue cheese and was left in your situation.... it wasn't creamy. So I added just a little blue cheese salad dressing and it thickened right up. I imagine sour cream would work, too.
I have a picture around here somewhere..... probably in one of the "dinner tonight" threads.

LEFSElover 04-13-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Mikey (Post 586582)
Looking to make a bleu cheese dipping sauce for buffalo wings. I have crumbled bleu but don't know how to make it creamy. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

it's at home, I'm in Montana. will be home in a week, but if you still need it, I'll PM you with it. it's my MIL's famous, and I do mean famous, recipe. it's our kids' favorite, I tried to duplicate it for years until I finally broke down and asked............

BBQ Mikey 04-13-2008 04:05 PM

Maybe I should just cave in and buy the dressing...I just wanted to be adventurous. I may try to mix blue with sour cream and then melt the two together....Not sure how that will turn out..

BBQ Mikey 04-13-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEFSElover (Post 586587)
it's at home, I'm in Montana. will be home in a week, but if you still need it, I'll PM you with it. it's my MIL's famous, and I do mean famous, recipe. it's our kids' favorite, I tried to duplicate it for years until I finally broke down and asked............

Please do so!

kitchenelf 04-13-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Mikey (Post 586588)
Maybe I should just cave in and buy the dressing...I just wanted to be adventurous. I may try to mix blue with sour cream and then melt the two together....Not sure how that will turn out..

Don't buy the dressing - homemade is sooooooooo much better.

1 part mayo
1/2 ^ that much sour cream
1/2 ^ that much bleu cheese

a bit of cream or buttermilk to loosen it up, garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste...a dash of lemon juice doesn't hurt either. It's got to sit for about a day for the flavors to really blend IMHO.

suziquzie 04-13-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEFSElover (Post 586587)

could I try that too? :angel:

kitchenelf 04-13-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziquzie (Post 586646)
could I try that too? :angel:

and me three???? :angel::angel:

suziquzie 04-13-2008 05:25 PM

I want it so I can do a side by side blind taste test againsts the Elf.

kitchenelf 04-13-2008 05:27 PM

I guarantee LEFSE's will be better!!!!!