Cooking Parties for Kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kerryskitchen

Assistant Cook
Hello,

My wife is thinking of starting a small home-based business to host cooking parties for kids. Essentially, she wants to teach basic cooking and food preparation skills. So to start, I wanted to briefly get feedback on whether or not parents (especially working parents) if they would be interested in having their kids learn basic cooking skills. If your kids are home-schooled, could this instruction count towards your child's curriculum? Would you pay for this service? If so, how much would be reasonable? Any ideas on where we can do further research?

If I'm posting this in the wrong forum, please feel free to "slap me on the wrist".

Thanks in advance.

That's a nice idea. I would pay for the service, but the amount would depend on the length of the class/course and also if all the supplies are provided. Would there be a starter cooking kit available for purchase? (ie, kids cooking supplies, mini rolling pin, plastic measuring cups etc.?) or is everything provided?

I wanted to briefly get feedback on whether or not parents (especially working parents) if they would be interested in having their kids learn basic cooking skills.

Yes, but that's something my wife and I will be sharing/teaching with our daughter when she gets old enough.

This sounds like a great idea. I have a schools/clubs section on my website (see my profile) which is being used, certainly in the UK. I have tried and tested recipes (from my days of school teaching) and some articles/teaching notes. Hope it is helpful to you.

That's a nice idea. I would pay for the service, but the amount would depend on the length of the class/course and also if all the supplies are provided. Would there be a starter cooking kit available for purchase? (ie, kids cooking supplies, mini rolling pin, plastic measuring cups etc.?) or is everything provided?

Thank you very much for your reply. I think the idea is to provide some of the basic startup supplies, such as an apron, and some other supplies. We don't have that quite ironed out yet. The session length will depend on the age group.

In any event, your feedback is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom