Here's Something to Build More Food Paranoia Around!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think alot of that stuff is common, but there is an inherent risk in all ready to eat foods.

90% of food borne illnesses can be stopped with personal hygiene...as for the cooked goods, that also comes with basic food knowledge.

lol

This reads like propaganda for Kraft or some other processed foods company.....

Just eat SPAM and EZ Cheeze and be safe! Unprocessed foods are bad for you!

Thanks for propagating the fear factor. You probably started a new wave of internet horror stories.

At least my mayonnaise came out on top of the heap, but all my alfalfa srprouts, greens, and raw foods goes into the dump. :) Long live my Big Mac!

The salad bar thing always spooked me thought. Just seems like things sit around a lot , and people touching and picking and sneezing and coughing .....
I have found that it is more cost effective for me to stop by the local Topper's Pizza joint and buy a large salad, made by myself at the salad bar, for $4.83 than to make a salad at home. If I was to buy even the smallest amounts of everything they have on their salad bar, it would cost me aound $40.00, and most of it would go bad before I could eat it and get thrown out. I just build a salad, upside down, in their aluminium foil and plastic container, take it home, invert it into a real salad bowl, then add my own dressing of choice (if I leave out their dressing, I have more room for salad fixin's!).

Hey food is dangerous stuff. Every person who has ever eaten anything either has died or will die.

Actually, I'm not sure these are the ten most dangerous, anyway.

I would add:

1. Raw oysters

2. Shellfish (many are allergic)

3. Peanuts and other nuts (same reason)

4. Mushrooms ( but I've been picking them here for years and haven't gotten sick yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom