Candy Cookie Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miandoria

Assistant Cook
Candy Cookie Bars

I have a recipe for making bar cookies from a cake mix that is so easy and so good. Everyone loves it and it is so easy if you have to take a dessert somewhere quickly or for a potluck. The best thing about it is the varieties you can make are endless! This is the basic recipe.

Candy Cookie Bars

1 box devil's food cake mix (w/ pudding in the mix)
1/2 cup butter
1-1/4 cup butterscotch (or peanut butter) chips
1-1/4 cup semi sweet (or milk chocolate) chocolate chips
1-1/4 cup coconut, optional
1-1/4 cup chopped nuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)

Preheat to 350 degrees F.
Combine cake mix and butter; stir in butter until crumbly (I use my mixer til it looks like coarse sand).
Spread evenly in ungreased 15x10x1 inch pan, pressing lightly.
Cover with chips, coconut and nuts.
Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over all.
(I drizzle it from the can in a stream back and forth).
Bake 20 - 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool completely (umm, yeah) and cut into bars.

Now, the BEST thing about this recipe is, you can use any flavor cake mix, and just about any variation of topping you want. I use white cake mix mostly and have used white chocolate chips with drained canned sweet
cherries, or fresh if you can get them, or peaches, or blueberries, or any fruit you want that isn't too soggy or a combo of them. I am still coming up with
different cominations and I seldom use the chocolate recipe anymore. You can use several flavors of baking chips if you want, or different nuts. Next I think I'll try the mint chocolate chips with white ones I think...
ooooh, I want a peppermint pattie!

Last edited:
Candy Cookie Bars

I have a recipe for making bar cookies from a cake mix that is so easy and so good. Everyone loves it and it is so easy if you have to take a dessert somewhere quickly or for a potluck. The best thing about it is the varieties you can make are endless! This is the basic recipe.

Candy Cookie Bars

1 box devil's food cake mix (w/ pudding in the mix)
1/2 cup butter
1-1/4 cup butterscotch (or peanut butter) chips
1-1/4 cup semi sweet (or milk chocolate) chocolate chips
1-1/4 cup coconut, optional
1-1/4 cup chopped nuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)

Preheat to 350 degrees F.
Combine cake mix and butter; stir in butter until crumbly (I use my mixer til it looks like coarse sand).
Spread evenly in ungreased 15x10x1 inch pan, pressing lightly.
Cover with chips, coconut and nuts.
Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over all.
(I drizzle it from the can in a stream back and forth).
Bake 20 - 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool completely (umm, yeah) and cut into bars.

Now, the BEST thing about this recipe is, you can use any flavor cake mix, and just about any variation of topping you want. I use white cake mix mostly and have used white chocolate chips with drained canned sweet
cherries, or fresh if you can get them, or peaches, or blueberries, or any fruit you want that isn't too soggy or a combo of them. I am still coming up with
different cominations and I seldom use the chocolate recipe anymore. You can use several flavors of baking chips if you want, or different nuts. Next I think I'll try the mint chocolate chips with white ones I think...
ooooh, I want a peppermint pattie!

i love anything made with sweetened condensed milk, in it. now the mint chocolate ones sound divine. definitely going on my grocery list for keeping on hand.

babe

Back
Top Bottom