I'm Ready!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
The fly-line backing is on the reel, connected to the fly line, which is connected to the leader (weight forward), which is connected to the tippet. My fly rod is just waiting for after I get back from Washington. I leave for my daughters wedding next Tuesday (May 2nd) and will be back on the 17th. I now just have to wash a few more clothes and pack my bags (and get a bunch of voicemail boxes transfered from one system that we are abandoning to a newer voicemail server, and figure out how to make the "special mailboxes", all before Friday afternoon, and write up procedures for everyone else who might have to work on it while I'm gone. And, to make things worse, I have to babysit a video conference session tomorrow for at least two hours, maybe more.

So much to do, so little time to do it.:(

But on Tuesday, I'll be headed west.:)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

You can't find some way to fit a little fishing in inbetween wedding stuff?
:angel:

I hear ya there, GW! I've been going out fishing for the past month, after crappie and catfish. I haven't caught squat! I know there's fish in this lake, as I see them hitting on the surface all the time. Heck, the past two nights I've been going night fishing, and that's when it really picks up! Last night I even saw two beavers!

I wish I had a fly rod. I did a little fly fishing as a kid, catching sunfish on poppers. With all the small fish hitting on the surface, probably after small insects or minnows, you'd think I could catch something.

Have fun at your daughter's wedding. Take plenty of pictures!

Congratulations, GW! Hope you have beautiful day and you don't get too teary eyed and nervous. Isn't this a great time! Does your new son in law meet your approval? What more, can you sweet daughter cook? Such blessing when two people get married and have parents that love them. What more could you ask except that they both be blessed with good health and happiness.

thanks for sharing.

Congrats to you and your daughter!

What part of Washington are you visiting? We have some beautiful mountain lakes and streams around here. Not sure about fly fishing but we've caught some great trout using our plain old poles.

Have a blast!

Congrats to you and your daughter!

What part of Washington are you visiting? We have some beautiful mountain lakes and streams around here. Not sure about fly fishing but we've caught some great trout using our plain old poles.

Have a blast!

Seattle/Tacoma area. I'd love to find the time, but don't think it'll happen. I have kids to visit with before and after the wedding.

In the Kitchen said:
Congratulations, GW! Hope you have beautiful day and you don't get too teary eyed and nervous. Isn't this a great time! Does your new son in law meet your approval? What more, can you sweet daughter cook? Such blessing when two people get married and have parents that love them. What more could you ask except that they both be blessed with good health and happiness.

thanks for sharing.

The young man is all we hoped for. He's responsible, intelligent, in good health, as whacky as we are, has great standards, shares our daughter's faith, and most importantly, loves her like crazy. She's a great cook in her own right, but is still learning some things from dear old Dad:rolleyes:. They will both be attending BYU University this fall. I just hope he can handle her mischievious streak. If he can do that, she's a lot of fun too.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. And yes, I'll be taking pictures, lots of pictures, and maybe a few of them will be of the prepared food (that I'm preparing). I have a lot of work cut out for me in the next week and a half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodweed

Hearing this only makes me want to say 'you did good!' and now it shows. Sounds like you couldn't have ordered it BETTER yourself! Oh, I am so very happy for all of you. Life can be so sweet. May it continue for all of you. You deserve it. 'you did good!'

Well, I hope you get a little time for exploring too. Seattle has lots to see and do.

ENJOY!!!!

And lots of great Pacific Northwest food to eat - you might be there just in time for the Copper River salmon run...it is SO good. Have a great trip, and best wishes to your daughter.

Have a great trip GW, and best wishes to your daughter.

You can't find some way to fit a little fishing in inbetween wedding stuff?
:angel:
This brought to mind the "Home Improvement" episode where Tim and the family tried to fit all their fun in before the wedding! Let's just say it wasn't pretty!

:)Barbara

i wonder where she got that?

good luck, safe travels, and god bless the newlyweds to be, gw.

the fish will wait. :)

Oh I know where she got it. I gotta share. I was sitting in the living room watching the tube, minding my own business. Suddenly I felt this mild pain on the skin fo my right chest, just under the right shoulder. I looked an there was a jack-o-lantern shaped holloween candle, about 2 inches in diameter, sitting on the couch. I knew instantly that it had been thrown at me. I looked up and saw my youngest child, at the time about 17 years of age, standing about twenty-five feet away with a mortified and suprized look on her face. He kneese were slightly bent and her hand covered her mouth. She was apparently worried about my reaction for it was obvious that she had thrown the candle. She exclaimed in a voice of complete innocence, and with a gasp of incredulity (is that a word?:ermm:), "I'm sooooo sorry. I din't think I'd actually hit you." And I couldn't help but burst out laughing as I tried to explain to her that what she had done could have been dangerous to me, or various breakables in the house. She continued to apologize. I knew she had told me the truth. It never occured to her that she would actually hit me with that pumpkin. How could I have been mad? I ask ya.

And that's just one very small incident in a lifetime of pranks and foolishness. But then again, I once startled her so bad she almost wet herself. I just meant to startle her a little. Really. So, what goes around comes around. I just hope her fiance is up to the challenge. But from all reports, he comes from a similar type of family.

Seeeeeeya, and thanks everyone, Goodweed of the North

:angry: My fishing buddy came down with walking pneumonia, which he's getting over, but too late, and the weather turned cold, wet, and windy. So I tied flies instead. I'm new at the fly-tying, but managed two good flies out of four attempts. I need more fly-tying materials, that's for sure, and a better table to work from. All in good time.

I also took the time to drain and recharge my pressure tank from my well. Now, the pump cycles on and off after about 4 gallons instead of two cups. Good for the pump. Makes it last a whole bunch longer, and good for the pressure switch as well. So it hasn't been a bad day, just not the one I was hoping for. I think I'm gonna go and make some pastry cream, or, for you more sophiticated types, Creme' de Patiserie, funny how it seems so much more, um, extravagant in French.;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom