Dinner Saturday, April 26?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
another double today. not sure if i can make it home for the routine, so if i stay in the city, i think i'll have cheap thai.

tom yum gai, and kuai tiau (steamed noodles with shrimp, ground peanuts, bean sprouts, fresh cilantro, pickled veggies, hot peppers and hot sauce)

I took some pork chops out I was thinking about grilling, but I might try out Maverick's pork chop casserole if I can make it to pick up some apples and brown sugar. I'm probably pretty safe picking those up in town instead of a real grocery store.

shhhhh....

The DW is working and started tonights dinner last night....but I've been craving some MEAT! :chef:

Not dinner, but lunch:

Beef tenderloin medallions with a demi glace sauce simillar to my Porterhouse sauce, fork mashed fingerlings with butter, cream and parsley. I may sautee up some haricot verts.

Oh, a Cali Cabernet.

First course is pork hocks on a spinach bed with honey roasted beets.

Dinner is walnut crusted cod with basmati rice and mango plantain relish.

Cream bruleé for dessert.

Sazerac is the cocktail and I believe we're having a zin with the two dinner courses.

Chicken breasts on sale. I'll marinade them in something - leaning towards yogurt based marinade, then grill them over charcoal and smother with roasted red peppers and mushrooms. Add a Greek-type salad and some artisan bread.

It's enough.

Leftover chicken noodle soup or leftover elk and veggies... or
if I make it to the store some kind of seafood.

Ultimate veggie burgers from here Ultimate Veggie Burger Recipe - 101 Cookbooks which came out really yummy. Served them with some lettuce & tomato with roasted red pepper salsa. Roasted veggies on the side.
hey redkitty, I'm intrigued by the micro sprouts, what's that? I have all else and would love to do when I prepare dinner but don't know if this is a must or where to get it

Some friends have free tickets to a Music of Led Zeppelin concert tonight, and before that, we're going out for Mexican to a place that is known for their flights of tequila :cool:

cornish game hen, baked, got to use up potatoes and cream spinach. maybe mix together? one more veg.

gave most of pineapple cookies to my son and his two grown sons to take to dodger game. few left for dessert

babe

Tomorrow is my birthday, but DH works nights and it's his Monday, so ge'll be sleeping for dinner tomorrow.......
That means today's my birthday party? He made me a dump cake, gonna have steaks on the grill and baked taters. Now sure on the veg yet. Yum!

Oh yeah and I grabbed me a birthday bottle of Shiraz too :)

beautiful day here in S.E. Va ...
the store had proter house steaks on sale ..
so they will go on the grill with some baked potatoes
and a pasta salad (I hope).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom