Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkitty

Executive Chef
Raise your hand if you're trying to lose weight!!!

I know most of us are foodies and love to cook but those calories certainly add up in our yummy recipes! Such a bummer because I do love those rich creamy sauces and ravioli's!! :-p

I thought we could have a thread to support each other in our quest for fitting better into our clothes. I've got a few more pounds to lose and only 9 more weeks until I move home! My best friend is getting married and I have a dress I need to fit into by then!

One thing that really helps me is drinking 2+ liters of water per day. Oh and not drinking alcohol, which is kinda hard since I love my mojito's and Rioja! I'm not a huge drinker but I find the nights I drink I end up over-eating. :mad:

Recently I finally gave up sugar in my coffee (I used to put 1 tablespoon of sugar in one cup!!) and replaced it with Stevia. I still have my sweet tooth, but I'm so proud of myself for giving it up in my daily coffee!

Lets share our tips on healthy cooking etc!! What are some things that have helped you lose weight? :cool:

Count me in!!!
DH is doing it with me but he sleeps all day.... hard to think up dinner when the other half isnt thinking!!
I want to go 10 lbs, 15 maybe. I'll see how 10 looks.

Count me in too. I could do with losing more than a few pounds. I just like too many things higher in fat, like chicken skins and do not eat too many veg. Trying the more abstinence route, more drinking (water low cal drinks) and trying to get a bit more exercise.

I recently started cooking for my guy friends at work since we are all trying to lose weight. being behind a desk all day and then going to Pizza Hut, Mcdonalds, or other fast food wasnt helping them and that devil of a snack machine kept calling my name. I'm totally into this idea though and you can count me in.

Ive found that the hardest thing to break is my italian way of thinking. Its not ok to eat half a loaf of bread, yes cheese is good but a whole wheel of cheese isnt, and proscuitto is something to be eating casually, not to be eaten all the time. LOL. Grandma planted the seeds a loooong time ago.

We're giving up carbs for dinner beginning today. I hope we are able to lose a few pounds. Both my DH and I need to lose at least 30 pounds.

I recently started cooking for my guy friends at work since we are all trying to lose weight. being behind a desk all day and then going to Pizza Hut, Mcdonalds, or other fast food wasnt helping them and that devil of a snack machine kept calling my name. I'm totally into this idea though and you can count me in.

Ive found that the hardest thing to break is my italian way of thinking. Its not ok to eat half a loaf of bread, yes cheese is good but a whole wheel of cheese isnt, and proscuitto is something to be eating casually, not to be eaten all the time. LOL. Grandma planted the seeds a loooong time ago.

LOL, it's not just you.
German grandmas do it too. :rolleyes:

lol.. I think all Grandmas do it!
If you're not eating you must be sick!!

Count me in. I'm down 13 pounds from when I started
dieting ( kind of dieting).. I'd like to lose a bunch more though.

Kitty, try a cleanse every now and then a detox. I do detox twice a year, it gets rid of stuff that are stuck in your body and have not been flushed out for a while, after that your digestive system picks up and you are fine. I try to cleanse after Christmas and in the spring, sort of like spring cleaning my insides. Right now I am trying to tone up for the summer.

hey kitty :)
You're in the UK, so I recommend watching "you are what you eat". I see it on BBC America. I've always been at a low weight, but I began watching for health reasons (since I have so many foods I'm allergic or intolerant to). Anyhow, besides the excessive amount I've learned from Dr. Gillian McKeith, I've somehow lost 8 pounds in a month. I didn't mean to, I just took some of the advice. And, ps - I'm feeling extra healthy and energized too.
Also - it's taken away my sweet cravings. I've not even wanted any of the sweets I bake for the family. All I want is around 1 medjool date each day.

Who isn't?? LOL. Depends on what kinda shape you are trying to get into. I have gone from round to oval, hoping to get more rectangular?
LOL

watch for return

i lost 17 pounds almost a year ago. all is back on. last seven piled on after starting new meds. for high blood sugar. what's a girl to do.

everyday i start to watch calories, and everyday i fail. i tell myself "you are 70 years old , who cares? eat what u want. woe is me

babe:mad::mad:

Yea meds can make it more difficult. I lost only 20lbs the first five years I had diabetes, thats pretty dismal. Then the depression hit, and I lost another 15, but then on new meds I gained 10 of it back. I stayed there until this last bout with heart surgery, where I dropped another 15, then after wards dropped another 5, but now back on all my meds and insulin I have gained almost 8 to 10 back.
I now weight about what I weighed about 13 years ago, but still need to drop another 20 to 30 lbs at least to get back to my college weight.

Yea meds can make it more difficult. I lost only 20lbs the first five years I had diabetes, thats pretty dismal. Then the depression hit, and I lost another 15, but then on new meds I gained 10 of it back. I stayed there until this last bout with heart surgery, where I dropped another 15, then after wards dropped another 5, but now back on all my meds and insulin I have gained almost 8 to 10 back.
I now weight about what I weighed about 13 years ago, but still need to drop another 20 to 30 lbs at least to get back to my college weight.

good for u, losing weight. isn't diabetes grand? speaking of whick need to go test. lol

babe

:clap::clap::punk:

those are my raised hands:LOL:

Until I saw this thread, my goal was to maintain my current weight. But I could be inspired to try to lose 5 more pounds.

Water consumption is my secret weapon. When I feel hungry, I drink a glass of water. It seems I can trick my body into feeling full, even though I consumed no calories.

Great idea rk!!

Count me in, too. The doctor told me that according to my sugar levels in my last three blood tests I am pre-diabetic. He gave me the come-to-Jesus lecture so I'm really trying hard to lose and watch what I eat. Cheese and fried chicken and spaghetti are all my downfall. Nice to have some moral support. Thank you!

Wait, before I finish signing up....
I'm not giving up my evening Brandy am I?
If I promise to walk an extra mile to have it???? :)

Back
Top Bottom