Frozen Burgers in George Foreman Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muzzlet

Senior Cook
I have a couple of frozen Omaha Steaks burgers for dinner tonite. Is it ok to cook them still frozen in the George Foreman Grill? Will they cook all the way through? How long should I cook them? I prefer a medium burger, but hubby likes his WITHOUT A HINT OF PINK!!! I'm pretty sure that's because his mom had two cooking states: raw or burned.

Anyways, any hints would be helpful!! Thanks so much
Jan

I don't think it is a good idea to run em thru the George Foreman Grill frozen. It just does not get hot enough to guarantee they will be cooked as your DH wants em. I can see them coming out nicely caramelized on the outside but still pink in the middle.

i tried some thin frozen burgers on mine once ..
they were raw on the inside .. and burnt on the outside ..
never tried it again ..

Thaw them first. If you use cold water, Omaha steaks burgers will thaw out in about an hour.

They thaw pretty quickly in the bottom of a porcelein sink, too. Leave em wrapped and flop them over a few times. That's how I thaw mine, but I pan fry them because they make a great gravy.

I've done frozen burgers on the George Foreman Grill, though they weren't from Omaha.

Seems to have a somewhat different texture and taste.

I know it's different but I always cook my chicken breasts from Costco on my G.F. Grill and now my Cuisinart grill frozen. They get cooked all the way through and don't get too burned on the outside (just nicely browned).

Chad

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom