Homework help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
I could use some help with my final test. I have to write a proposal for a new wireless infrastructure to be implemented at a new branch office. Its in essay form.

Here is the question:

Your assignment is to write a report that outlines how you will deal with radio frequency issues and wireless security for this branch office.

Well i can answer all of that with no problem BUT i ran into a slight problem. My opening statement is this:

The key to a stable and functional wireless network is the ability to access system services and resources while keeping the data secure and intact. This proposal will cover security issues and physical limitations of the equipment being used. I have designed a diagram showing the new network to be used for this branch office. It will consist of 3 servers located in the DMZ, a RADIUS server located in the local intranet since nothing needs to connect to it from the outside world(Internet), A Firewall with sophisticated security measures in place, a local wired network, and finally a local wireless network.​

I will be going over the digram in detail. The next page displays the network infrastructure in a fairly easy to follow format. I will be covering key concepts to securing your wireless network while still having the stability and functionality needed by your employees and guests. I will go over vital information for keeping your assets safe and ways to keep your company financially prepared for theft of services and or lawsuits.

Were i run into a problem is where I say that i will discuss ways to be prepared financially for lawsuits on identity theft. I do not really know of ways to be prepared for this except to save money.

Does any one here do accounting for a business and have to worry about issues such as this? if you do please let me know.

thanx

Is there some kind of insurance for this purpose? I'm sure banks, etc. would have to carry it.
I had never thought about this, but I just did a search and it does exist. I don't know if it exists for institutions, but for individuals it does.

:)Babara

If your question is how do companies protect themselves financially from identity theft, the answer is insurance.

But the company's ability to get insurance and how much they have to pay for it will depend on how well engineered their system is.

But the comment about "theft of services" "and/or lawsuits" and "except to save money" doesn't make that much sense to me, sorry.

Yeah, i had to cut that part out of my final. I had a 4 page essay typed in about 30 minutes on security issues. There was really nothing i could think of to help my situation. I hate when that happens. I write a really good question and i cant answer it because the question is something i have never thought of before.

here is the diagram i made for the exam. I do not know how many people will understand it but thats ok. I just like to show people what i am learning.

I could use some help with my final test. I have to write a proposal for a new wireless infrastructure to be implemented at a new branch office. Its in essay form.

Here is the question:

Your assignment is to write a report that outlines how you will deal with radio frequency issues and wireless security for this branch office.

Well i can answer all of that with no problem BUT i ran into a slight problem. My opening statement is this:

The key to a stable and functional wireless network is the ability to access system services and resources while keeping the data secure and intact. This proposal will cover security issues and physical limitations of the equipment being used. I have designed a diagram showing the new network to be used for this branch office. It will consist of 3 servers located in the DMZ, a RADIUS server located in the local intranet since nothing needs to connect to it from the outside world(Internet), A Firewall with sophisticated security measures in place, a local wired network, and finally a local wireless network.​

I will be going over the digram in detail. The next page displays the network infrastructure in a fairly easy to follow format. I will be covering key concepts to securing your wireless network while still having the stability and functionality needed by your employees and guests. I will go over vital information for keeping your assets safe and ways to keep your company financially prepared for theft of services and or lawsuits.

Were i run into a problem is where I say that i will discuss ways to be prepared financially for lawsuits on identity theft. I do not really know of ways to be prepared for this except to save money.

Does any one here do accounting for a business and have to worry about issues such as this? if you do please let me know.

thanx

I can't help you with the protection issue, but can help you with the body of your text. First, it is always more proffesional to leave yourself out of the document. Avoid pronouns and self discriptive nouns such as I, we, they, etc. Please look at the treatment I gave to your posted work. The changes I suggest are in red.

Technical Report Writing was one of my strengths in my own university studies and is something that I occasionally do professionaly at my job. Of course, use what you are comfortable with. These are suggestions from me to you, not laws.

"
The key to a stable and functional wireless network is the ability to access system services and resources while keeping the data secure and intact. This proposal will cover security issues and physical limitations of the equipment being used. The following diagram illustrates the new branch office network. It will consist of 3 servers located in the DMZ, a RADIUS server located in the local intranet since nothing needs to connect to it from the outside world(Internet), a firewall with sophisticated security measures in place, a local wired network, and finally a local wireless network. (What is a DMZ? Remember, you may be writing to an audience who is unfamiliar with the jargon)

The next page displays the network infrastructure in a reader-freindly, easy to follow format. The key concepts to securing your wireless network while still having the stability and functionality needed by your employees and guests will be explained in detail, along with vital information for keeping your assets safe. Finally, financial security and responsiblilities of the company with relation to didentity theft and lawsuits will be discussed.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I can't help you with the protection issue, but can help you with the body of your text. First, it is always more proffesional to leave yourself out of the document. Avoid pronouns and self discriptive nouns such as I, we, they, etc. Please look at the treatment I gave to your posted work. The changes I suggest are in red.

Technical Report Writing was one of my strengths in my own university studies and is something that I occasionally do professionaly at my job. Of course, use what you are comfortable with. These are suggestions from me to you, not laws.

"
The key to a stable and functional wireless network is the ability to access system services and resources while keeping the data secure and intact. This proposal will cover security issues and physical limitations of the equipment being used. The following diagram illustrates the new branch office network. It will consist of 3 servers located in the DMZ, a RADIUS server located in the local intranet since nothing needs to connect to it from the outside world(Internet), a firewall with sophisticated security measures in place, a local wired network, and finally a local wireless network. (What is a DMZ? Remember, you may be writing to an audience who is unfamiliar with the jargon)

The next page displays the network infrastructure in a reader-freindly, easy to follow format. The key concepts to securing your wireless network while still having the stability and functionality needed by your employees and guests will be explained in detail, along with vital information for keeping your assets safe. Finally, financial security and responsiblilities of the company with relation to didentity theft and lawsuits will be discussed.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Nicely done.

I thought the exact same thing about the jargon being used. But then i figured, its really an essay for my wireless networking professor to read to see if i learned anything in class.

The class was a wireless networking class. The final was to write an essay to the professor explaining certain things. However, i totally agree with you. If i were writing this to an audience that was unfamiliar with networking, then i had have to revamp it a lil bit.

I want and need to take a technical writing class so in the future i can write professional reports and proposals. I do not know what the name of the English class i have to take to learn that stuff or what the exact class is. I guess it is just called technical writing.

I would take your suggestions as laws at this point in time since i have not had a technical writing class yet.

What i do NOT want in my writing are big words or "deep" meaning unless needed. For example, if you have ever read any of the Cisco press books, they use to many big words and fancy ways to state ideas and facts. I do not have the best reading comprehension. In fact every reading comp test i took in grade school to high school, i never received higher than a 75%. I do not know why but my reading comprehension is horrible, but my ability to rewrite, write and construct sentences is in the 90%. Odd. Sybex books do an amazing job at explaining things very clearly and easily.

thanx

It was my pleasure.:) And yes, the names of the tech-writing courses I took were Technical Report Writing, and Advanced Technical Report Writing. I aced the first one without hardly cracking a book. I had to actually work in the 2nd one.

I had a whole paragragh highlighted red by my professor. Beside it she wrote "This is one of the finest paragraghs I have ever read. Unfortunately, it has no business in this report." :LOL: I mean, how do you take such a statement. On one hand it tells you that you are a wonderful, skillfull writer, while on the other, it tells you that you are overly verbose and need to pay more attention to relavent content. Oh well. I learned tons from that simple remark about what to include, and what not to include in a report. And that's what a good instructor does. He/she teaches.

BT, no comments.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

It was my pleasure.:) And yes, the names of the tech-writing courses I took were Technical Report Writing, and Advanced Technical Report Writing. I aced the first one without hardly cracking a book. I had to actually work in the 2nd one.

I had a whole paragragh highlighted red by my professor. Beside it she wrote "This is one of the finest paragraghs I have ever read. Unfortunately, it has no business in this report." :LOL: I mean, how do you take such a statement. On one hand it tells you that you are a wonderful, skillfull writer, while on the other, it tells you that you are overly verbose and need to pay more attention to relavent content. Oh well. I learned tons from that simple remark about what to include, and what not to include in a report. And that's what a good instructor does. He/she teaches.

BT, no comments.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

yup, been there done that... For this essay that i wrote, i forgot to edit the paragraph stating how i will discuss financial issues and what not. well i never did talk about it in the report. HAHA. I just totally left my professor hangin.

Back
Top Bottom