Fruits in Cereal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morerecipes

Washing Up
Hey everybody, I'm a big fan of adding fruit to cereal and want to see if anyone shares the same interest. Strawberries in Cherrios is very delicious.

I like to add fresh fruit too, and sometimes dried blueberries or dried peaches, whatever I have on hand.

Great ideas everyone! Have any of you heard of LiveActive foods? They make products that promote digestive health. They have a cereal called Mixed Berry Crunch with dried fruits that tastes really amazing.

I like to add raisins and bananas to my cereal. Sometimes dried cranberries too if I feel like having something tart.

I remember as a little kid, we were bought up on fruit with cereal,every morning we had it. My mum also use to buy tinned fruit for us to put on our cereal. It is all a great taste, my kids still love it today. A nice fruit salad mix is wonderful, Apples also add a nice crunch.

On those rare occasions I have cereal, it usually has dried fruits in it to begin with but I often add either fresh or stewed fruits and often yoghurt as well.

Yes I do think of it esp when I am NOT eating it but as I find most cereals unsustaining and rather dull, I still avoid them. Even with the extra fruit and yoghurt.

Frozen or fresh blueberries, whenever I can get them. Very good for us middle-aged men :)

When we had them ny Mom would put strawberries in our Cheerios, and a little splash of cream.
That was good stuff.

I put pretty much any fresh fruit in whole grain flakes. Usually use some type of fruit yogurt instead of milk as well.

Back
Top Bottom